I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

My customers can´t withdraw

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I see the web works well to receive/deposit, but when a user wants to withdraw cryptocurrencies, I don´t receive any notification email but I can see the request in the transactions tab. When I confirm the withdrawal as an administrator, it changes to pending and when pass 5 minutes the client receives this message. (see screenshots), we tried 4 times and received the same message. Try using another user and the funds were not sent either.

I was reviewing the configuration in coinpayment and it is correct according to your tutorial, it is configured perfectly according to step 23 of the guide.

The state of the APIs is also correct.

I have used that same bitcoin address to withdraw the coins manually (“to the cold wallet”) and work perfectly.

What can I do?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

This error does not originate from the plugin but from the wallet backend.

The CoinPayments API returns “That is not a valid address for that coin!”. Check the format of your withdrawal address (P2PKH, P2SH, or Bech32). Is it compatible with CoinPayments? For example, I am not certain if Bech32 is supported for Bitcoin transactions on CoinPayments.

Try a different address format and see if it makes a difference. Let me know what you found.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

The address was: 16YCtPK5gWewAbcauTmfsWmUMLJnkn7uXv

X= number

alexg
    Keymaster

OK then, it doesn’t look like a bech32 address. Without having the exact address I cannot verify if it is correct. Did you try withdrawing to several addresses or just one?

In any case, this error comes from the platform, not the plugin.

Check your withdrawal history in CoinPayments, and see if there is any more information there.

Also, check if there were there any whitespaces in the address, or even unprintable characters? Several unicode characters, such as non-breaking white spaces (NBSPs), can sometimes be copied together with the address and can cause havoc.

You may be able to get more information by contacting CoinPayments support. Mention the CPID and they should be able to tell you why the withdrawal failed. If the withdrawal has failed, then the CPID should be in place of the TXID. Additionally, if you login to the platform and go to the withdrawal history, you should be able to see the CPID for your transaction.

Hope this helps.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

In coinpayment there is no information. since the withdrawal was never made.
    I have tried with those two addresses and the same result.
    16YCtPK5gWewAbcauTmfsWmUMLJnkn7u2v and 3BMEX3KRRHCGrXQZGpjjWyNeZBNGwe9wV1

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I see now the second one was done. So I think that is working with another address. So how can I know about what is a bech32 address?

alexg
    Keymaster

The first address you gave is a P2PKH and the second one is P2SH. To read up more on address types, see https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Address

If you visit the addresses in a block explorer it usually tells you the type.
    https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/16YCtPK5gWewAbcauTmfsWmUMLJnkn7u2v
    https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/3BMEX3KRRHCGrXQZGpjjWyNeZBNGwe9wV1

The problem is that both should work. At least now we know that sending to P2SH addresses works for you.

Did you check for non-printable characters in your transactions? How are you inputting the address? QR code or paste from clipboard? I can’t think of anything else right now. This is a weird error.

alexg
    Keymaster

Here’s an idea:

Login to CoinPayments, and attempt a test withdrawal to the first address, using the CoinPayments website: https://www.coinpayments.net/index.php?cmd=acct_balances&action=withdraw&coin=BTC

Does the platform accept the address? Or do you get the same error?

alexg
    Keymaster

I did some more tests and still cannot figure out why your first address did not work. Withdrawals in the CoinPayments adapter are a stable feature that was developed a long time ago and has been working fine over the years; it’s unlikely that there’s any bug in the adapter. Did you attempt a test withdrawal from the platform to your address?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The other reason could be insufficient funds in coinpayments main address.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.