I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Multisite new user can't have a wallet

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Multisite new user can't have a wallet

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi
    Anybody could tell me why a new user on wordpress multisite can’t have a wallet automatically?, do I need a separate plugin to change new users role or have I miss configured multisite? Thanks, Ed

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello Ed,

Users can have a wallet when they have the has_wallets capability. By default, users have the “Subscriber” role which does not have that capability by default. Please see Wallets -> Capabilities to see which capabilities you may need.

Normally this Capabilities UI should be all you need, but in multisite setups it won’t help you because the wallets menu is available at the network level, not at any individual site.

I will try to address this in a future release, but in the meantime you can use any plugin for managing capabilities to assign has_wallets to “subscribers” on each blog where you need it.

This plugin is quite good: https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-roles-and-capabilities/

hope this helps

kind regards,
    Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Alex, Yes it would be great if a guest user could be assigned a wallet as that is all they need really, thanks for plugin suggestion, will try it.
    Kind Regards, Ed

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tried a lot and I thinks this wallet plugin is not suitable for multisite installations, at least for now, Please update when possible, Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Managed to assign a role to all new users on registration and they get registered on all sites but still can’t get a wallet automatically unless They r assigned Supper Admin role manually, Can you confirm if your plugin still can work on multisite as I want to use it on a bilingual website?. Kind Regards , Ed

alexg
    Keymaster

As mentioned in https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bilingual-or-multilingual-wallet/#post-9741783

I have modified the plugin, so that when it is network-activated, and you edit capabilities via the “Wallets” -> “Capabilities” menu, it applies your choices across the network. I think this should be what most users would expect.

This will be out in the next patch. The next patch will be released either today or tomorrow. So watch out for the changelog of the next release.

Thank you very much for reporting this issue.

regards,
    Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi thanks for that
    I’ve updated to the last version (2.10.4) but the issue still there!. any suggestions please? Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

Please see my reply at https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bilingual-or-multilingual-wallet/#post-9747225 . I try to answer questions about the main plugin there, and use this forum for the extensions.

After updating to the latest version of the plugin you need to edit your capabilities once and click “Save Changes”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It works now, Thanks alot

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.