I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Moved: Correcting a wrong ticker symbol

dashed-slug.net Forums TurtleCoin Adapter extension support Moved: Correcting a wrong ticker symbol

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    LeinAd
    Participant

ok i run in an other issue with this:
    i created a new coin and give it a wrong ticker. i saw this an half hour later (but deposits come in this time) I changed the ticker / symbol to the correct one and started the Adapter again.. Then i saw it creates a new wallet (but curious — with the addresses from the “old” wallet container. now i have a very unsorted db and ugly wds from the subwallets

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

OK. If I understood the problem correctly: Can you just replace all the wrong ticker symbols in the db with the right one?

Hopefully you are doing these experiments on a dev/integration server and not production. Simply delete all transactions and addresses for these two ticker symbols and start again.

If you are in a production environment, keep a backup of the entire DB state.

Then, substitute all symbol columns in the addresses table and transactions tables. I guess that something like the following should work:

UPDATE wp_wallets_txs SET symbol='NEW' WHERE symbol='OLD';
    UPDATE wp_wallets_adds SET symbol='NEW' WHERE symbol='OLD';

Hopefully you won’t get too many collisions on the unique constraints.

Let me know if this helps. If not, restore your backup and we’ll try something else.

with regards

P.S. I have moved your query to a new thread as it is unrelated to the previous thread.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.