Open extra topbar

Moved: Correcting a wrong ticker symbol

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Moved: Correcting a wrong ticker symbol

dashed-slug.net Forums TurtleCoin Adapter extension support Moved: Correcting a wrong ticker symbol

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    LeinAd
    Participant

ok i run in an other issue with this:
    i created a new coin and give it a wrong ticker. i saw this an half hour later (but deposits come in this time) I changed the ticker / symbol to the correct one and started the Adapter again.. Then i saw it creates a new wallet (but curious — with the addresses from the “old” wallet container. now i have a very unsorted db and ugly wds from the subwallets

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

OK. If I understood the problem correctly: Can you just replace all the wrong ticker symbols in the db with the right one?

Hopefully you are doing these experiments on a dev/integration server and not production. Simply delete all transactions and addresses for these two ticker symbols and start again.

If you are in a production environment, keep a backup of the entire DB state.

Then, substitute all symbol columns in the addresses table and transactions tables. I guess that something like the following should work:

UPDATE wp_wallets_txs SET symbol='NEW' WHERE symbol='OLD';
    UPDATE wp_wallets_adds SET symbol='NEW' WHERE symbol='OLD';

Hopefully you won’t get too many collisions on the unique constraints.

Let me know if this helps. If not, restore your backup and we’ll try something else.

with regards

P.S. I have moved your query to a new thread as it is unrelated to the previous thread.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.