I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Moved: Orders

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Alex, as usual excellent work.

By the way, I have 2 questions regarding orders and before opening new topics:

1. I observed when testing placing orders, that the orders are saved in UTC time (my server time), and not the wpinstall time (UTC+2). The same for the chart. Similar to what I observed with aridrps.

2. Between 2 users I placed some orders in bid asks to verify the matching orders. Maybe I am missing something. If an user places an ask at 1/1, and another user places a bid at 1/0.5, there is no match, it should appear both orders, the bid and ask, but it is not the case, the orders matches.

Could you have a look Alex?

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks again for your comments. I have moved your post to a new thread, as you have mentioned two issues that are unrelated to the previous one:

About trade times: I have double-checked again the user history and market history views. Everything should be always saved in UTC time in the DB. The times in the frontend are displayed using moment.js, which translates the times to local using the browser. This ensures that each user sees times according to their own timezone. The browser uses the settings from your OS. Can you check that you have set the timezone of the computer you’re using correctly? Also, which views do you see the problem in? As mentioned before, I checked the user history and market history.

About the matching engine: Could you please provide a clear example with values that you think should not match? What bid and what ask did you enter with two different users? Please either provide screenshots or a complete example with actual values, so I can reproduce the issue. Thank you.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

About the timezone, my OS is at UTC+2, but in the interface frontend it shows UTC.

Regarding the matching engine, there is something related to the FIFO algorithm.

I will take some screenshots and let you know to see if ou can reproduce the issue.

Thank Alex as usual

Best regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex, I have been checking again about this questions.

With two diferent users I placed a bid and an ask each for a custom pair Test_LTC markt, OK.

1. The User 1 placed a Bid with the following prices and ammount:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1dypuvcaotb5a0/Capture%20I%20-%20Bid.PNG?dl=0

2. The User 2 placed an Ask for the same pair, but with a different price rate, as follows:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b78dba5xckwobif/Capture%20II%20-%20Ask.PNG?dl=0

3. The behaviour I was expecting is that the order should appear as placed order, but not filled, because the rate price (1.0000) in this Ask is different from the previous Bid (2.0000) rate price. The order once placed, it matched:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wqg1fdt4ifn4xk/Capture%20III%20-%20Market%20History.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07m6p5fmf6lrlyw/Capture%20IV%20-%20Bid.PNG?dl=0

4. Regarding the time, in Maket history transactions, it shows UTC time, but in Market trnsactions it show in UTC (my OS is UTC+2, my wp install is UTC+2, and my server as I could check is UTC). I think in the graph the same time issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cp0arxrmsdb11rw/Capture%20V%20-%20Bid%20order%20-%20Time.PNG?dl=0

Please could you have a look?

Let me know if you need further information please

Thank you very much in advance

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

These are limit orders. It helps to spell out clearly what they mean:

The first user (market maker) bids to buy 1 LTC and is willing to pay up to a limit of 2 Test per LTC.

Then, the other user (market taker) wants to sell 1 LTC and is asking for as little as 1 Test per LTC.

Therefore the two limit orders match at the rate of the market maker (2 Test per LTC). The format of the market name is BASE_QUOTE, same as in Bittrex. Other exchanges use QUOTE_BASE but I find BASE_QUOTE convenient because the markets can easily be sorted and grouped by base currency.

As for the issue with UTC times, I believe I see the problem now, and will provide a fix shortly.

with regards

P.S. In the future let’s try to use one thread per issue to avoid confusion. Thanks!

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

In the latest version 1.0.3 of the Exchange extension I have addressed the issue regarding timezones. Any new orders/trades will be recorded with the correct time.

Thanks again for spotting this!

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

As usual, excellent work. I updated and tested with an order, and it seem fixed the timezone issue.

Greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.