I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Moved: Altering UI markup

dashed-slug.net Forums Exchange extension support Moved: Altering UI markup

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

san can you tell me how you did your exchange as far as the html changes?

i cant seem to figure out where to make changes like you did with the buy sell boxes etc

in fact i would like to duplicate it exactly like yours

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello, @dynamitemedia I have moved your question to the support section for the Exchange.

If you would like to tweak the UI markup, there are instructions in the accompanying documentation.

Please see under “Alternative knockout templates” on how to use the wallets_exchange_views_dir filter. Try to keep the bindings more or less the same and it should work.

The more you know about knockout the easier this will be.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi @dynamitemedia i am a huge fan of bootstrap, it makes thing easier and flexible to bring out creativity.

It’s done with bootstrap columns and moving the exchange views dir into the theme and tweaked.

I designed theme with bootstrap around dashed-slug plugins

Thanks for liking it.

@alexg
    i would like you to have a look and want your suggestions for improvement please whenever you can

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

i do not know anything about knockout

@san can you share some of what you have done?

it may be useful for the faucet page as well.

@alexg
    Love this plugin but it is tough to fit in many templates. i hope you do not take that the wrong way at all.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@dynamitemedia you can contact me via justclam.com/contact/

Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

I used knockout because I was already familiar with it from a previous project. I know it is not the best framework out there, but often the best framework is the one you already know!

The markup is easily replaceable but the js code is not. My intention was to make it possible to make small alterations. To build something entirely from scratch, one can use the JSON API directly with any framework…

Anonymous
    Inactive

so where can i fix this?

https://prnt.sc/kxxo2b

you can see the refresh is off.

what files do i need to fix to get this corrected?

i am sorry but i get confused when it is others ppl work. then css doesnt update forever so you horsing around for hours and not even sure your changes are working

@San maybe you can post your work in pastebin so i can get a look at what i need to do.

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok i found it
    plugins/wallets-exchange/assets/styles/wallets-exchange-0.4.0-beta.min.css

here:
    .wallets-reload-button

i had to change the position…

i swear my theme hates your plugin! lol… i love your pugin but this theme is so bad when it comes to the css, i love the theme’s look but man oh man it has its own mind when it comes to forms

alexg
    Keymaster

Great to hear that you got it working.

If you delete the minified version of the CSS rules, the plugin will revert to using the unminified copy. This should make it easier for you to view and edit the rules.

In any case, you should never, ever edit theme or plugin files. Your changes will be reverted next time I release a new patch. You should create a child theme to your theme, then add your rules to your child theme. You should also make sure that your rules override the existing CSS rules. Please see here for an introduction on CSS specificity: https://stuffandnonsense.co.uk/archives/css_specificity_wars.html The “C” in CSS stands for cascading, so you will never need to edit plugin files.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

i tried the children theme and totally do not get it for real…

alexg
    Keymaster

Instructions are here:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Simply add your CSS in the styles.css file of your child theme.

How far have you got?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.