I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

More BTC deposit addresses

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion More BTC deposit addresses

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I wonder if there is a way to create and select between different deposit addresses for BTC (or another token generaly) in the wallet. I have my wallet connected through Coinpayments.net adapter where it is possible to create more deposit addresses for each coin. But the deposit address in the [wallets_deposit] is always only one of those in CP.net with no option to choose another.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

No, if you are using CoinPayments as a backend, then it would not make sense to display a deposit address that is not generated by the platform.

The plugin always displays the last generated deposit address for each coin and user, but it also retains previous ones.

The only way to modify this is via the database. The mapping of user-coin tuples to addresses is in the wp_wallets_adds table. But if you try to enter manually an address that is not generated by the same wallet you’re using, then users will not be able to withdraw their funds.

Why do you want to display a different deposit address? What are you trying to achieve?

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see, thanks for your reply it helped me to understand how it works if I use the CoinPayments.net adapter.

I wandered if it is possible to achieve the same functionality as most wallets offer, that includes more addresses creation and usage for each supported coin.

Would that be possible if running Full Node Multicoin Adapter?

alexg
    Keymaster

It is currently possible for a user to generate more deposit addresses for themselves.

The Coin Adapters are an abstraction layer. They abstract wallet functionality. Any wallet generates addresses and provides them to the plugin in the same way. So it should not matter which wallet you are using as a backend, the behavior would be the same.

The end user can request a new deposit address by clicking on the button in the [wallets_deposit] shortcode. This does a JSON API call to the do_new_address endpoint. This in turn triggers the wallets_api_deposit_address WordPress filter which is part of the PHP API, with the force_new argument. This instructs the adapter to request a new address from the wallet. The plugin then saves the address to the current user.

You can inspect the latest (default) deposit addresses of a user in their WordPress profile screen. You can also inspect all addresses for all users under Wallets -> Deposit Addresses.

I am not sure if I have answered your question, so please let me know if I haven’t.

with regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.