I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Missing balances after uploading a backup file from aug 13th

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Missing balances after uploading a backup file from aug 13th

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I use updraft plus and restored an old backup and noticed that user balances reverted to whatever the account had for that day.

I was wondering what database tables i should exclude during any backup restorations?
    My website is still in development so no actual assets where lost from subscribers im just making a documentation on things to avoid during different scenarios.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

This is expected behavior. The plugin’s DB is a ledger that reflects transactions that the wallet knows about. These transactions are associated with WordPress users, and they include deposits, withdrawals, and any internal (off-chain) transactions.

Since you restored the entire DB from a backup, any transactions since that time will be lost. The plugin cannot simply “restore” transactions from your wallet, because the wallet doesn’t know about association between any transactions and actual WordPress users, and the wallet does not know anything about off-chain transactions.

Plugin transactions are stored in the wp_wallets_txs table, and user deposit addresses are stored in the wp_wallets_adds table (assuming you have the default DB table prefix, wp_. You can use phpMyAdmin or mysqldump to export these into a separate backup. Mysqldump can be automated via unix cron to help you keep daily backups.

with regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.