Open extra topbar

Mimble Wimble

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Mimble Wimble

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Mimble Wimble

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MattMo
    Participant

What are the chances you may be able to add Mimble Wimble coins?

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

That’s a good question! Chances are good! This new type of coins are possibly the future of crypto, and would be a nice addition to the plugin.

I have already played with the grin wallet, and it should be possible to develop a coin adapter for this and similar coins.

Right now I’m very busy with the upcoming 5.0.0 release of wallets. Once this is done, I have to decide between working either on grin, or a game of chance, which many users request.

Eventually I hope to do both.

I will post here and on the blog if I have any news about this.

with regards

MattMo
    Participant

Great to hear! Very much looking forward to new developments! This is my vote for MW integration, Keep up the great work!

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’ve done some preliminary analysis on grin and I thought I’d update you.

I am not sure if they are a good fit for the plugin as it is right now.

The host:ip destination format can be easily mapped to “addresses”. This is what KuCoin and Bittrex do. In fact KuCoin does a POST request to pass the TX data, while Bittrex uses the file method. Interesting. KuCoin uses a url fragment to uniquely identify the user that does a deposit. Bittrex accepts a file upload.

Unfortunately, completing a transaction (deposit or withdrawal) involves an extra step that I never accounted for when creating the core plugin. The recipient must return a file to the sender to complete the transaction. This complicates things by a lot.

For now I will focus on creating a coin adapter for TurtleCoin and its clones, as this was also a user request. I will have to rethink how the main plugin can be refactored to allow for mimble wimble coins. I’m letting you know because it might take some time before I can provide a solution for mimble wimble. It will definitely require changes to the core plugin.

with regards

d3vnu77
    Participant

🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.