I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Litecoin testnet (LTCT) not available on checkout due to missing exchange rate

dashed-slug.net Forums WooCommerce Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway extension support Litecoin testnet (LTCT) not available on checkout due to missing exchange rate

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cryptotire

Hi,

I installed the woocommerce extention and LTCT was working fine for use when testing connections and tranactions.

after installing the exchange extention and fiat adapter …now the LTCT coin does not show its value in USD…and even though the account has over 9 LTCT in it…the check out says i have no money in my wallet…and yes LTCT is a selected ootion as payment coin. from coinpayments all the way down to the plugin…always selected. so why did this happen? please help fix this so i can continue testing. I signed up as premium member.

Tino V

Thank you

cryptotire

so i just added 70 usd BTC to a customer accoun t….i added aproduct at $1 …the wallet payment option is really not working…which it was…untill i added those extentions…please help me. why is the wallet not allowing payment ?? with the correct amount of btc it still says

“You do not hold enough funds on any cryptocurrency to pay for this order” — was not doing this before… help.

Tino V

cryptotire

correction. it was my mistake…with all the confusion…i did have too much in the basket for the btc purchace..it IS INDEED working well with BTC ..the ISSUE still remains for LTCT not being recognized in terms of USD rate…which it was… so i would still need help for that. mentioned in detail on first comment.

cryptotire

another issue now…bitcoin price is at 52, …. usd . its supposed to be at little over 30 us…what is going on here …please help.

cryptotire

how long does it take to get arespose? please help me

cryptotire

I resolved it. I had to create staging site and test by using a version from before the fiat adapter install and exchange install. Now I will test further to see why this happened ? I only know I deleted the 4 tables from database the 4 plugins create when installed and deleted the plugin’s completely. Then copied the back up setup using only wallet plugin and coin payments adapter…after installing and waiting for fixer.io api to start working…well the correct exchange rate shows know and LTCT test coin is able to be tested further with woo adapter if needed due to having a value , where before it had just stopped showing. I will report back if after reinstalling the fiat and exchange plugins to let you know if that was the issue. What i found weird is that when the issue was present the checkout still converted the price correctly which I found odd..and also, there was no disruption of emails or notifications for any type of transactions. Just what was mentioned above.

Thank you

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Whether a coin is available on WooCommerce checkout depends on whether the exchange rate is known, between that coin and the store’s default currency.

To check what exchange rates are known by the plugin, you can see the debug window at: “Wallets” -> “Exchange Rates” -> “Exchange rates debug views” -> “Exchange rates”.

So, for example, if the store’s currency is USD and you want to check out with LTCT, this will work if you have USD_LTCT, or LTCT_USD, or if you have USDT_BTC and BTC_LTCT.

In the special case of Litecoin Testnet, this exchange rate is not loaded directly from the external services, since LTCT does not actually have value. The plugin looks into this array of exchange rates, and if it finds the BTC_LTC exchange rate, it copies it into BTC_LTCT.

So, in conclusion, you must enable an exchange rates provider that offers the exchange rate between BTC and LTC. All the exchange rate providers should have this.

So, to ensure that the exchange rates are loaded right after you change your settings, you can click on the button “Clear/refresh data now!”.

Now, if you are seeing old/stale prices in the exchange rates debug view, this can only mean that there is a problem with running the cron jobs that are loading the data.

To check if the cron jobs are running, you can check at the admin dashboard, under “Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets” -> “Debug” -> “Cron jobs last run on”. This should run every minute or so.

If cron jobs are not running, you can enable WordPress debugging in wp-config.php, and then enable “Wallets” -> “Cron jobs” -> “Verbose log output (debug)”. Then you can check the log at wp-config.php/debug.log and see if there is any errors. For example, the server may have been unable to contact an external API, or it may have timed out due to network conditions.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions about any of this.

with regards,
    Alex

P.S. As stated on the site, I reply to all queries once per day, Monday to Friday. So during workdays I reply within 24 hours.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.