I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Litecoin transaction not showing up in user’s account.

dashed-slug.net Forums Full Node Multi Coin Adapter extension support Litecoin transaction not showing up in user’s account.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    d3vnu77
    Participant

I sent a litecoin to a user’s wallet…

if I run ./litecoin-cli listtransactions

I can see the transaction in the blockchain, here:

{
        "address": "MNmRDAirK6JtTfabD3XktBQL16xMQFpqN5",
        "category": "receive",
        "amount": 0.99994100,
        "label": "",
        "vout": 0,
        "confirmations": 204,
        "blockhash": "abe8e13fb9023ee203c67b2933b82ce2ce9df7fa855ac5b26cdb89ca9a5b9e61",
        "blockindex": 12,
        "blocktime": 1608711485,
        "txid": "304575000224767da155a4094a6a5e3cf5a9b17a879159029537d5ea581eec19",
        "walletconflicts": [
        ],
        "time": 1608711464,
        "timereceived": 1608711464,
        "bip125-replaceable": "no"
      }

However, it is not being imported into the user’s wallet as a transaction. See screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

It’s likely that the notification mechanism did not work.

Please check the relevant article here: https://www.dashed-slug.net/howto-debug-an-incoming-deposit-full-node-wallet/

Normally, with Bitcoin core-like wallets (like the Litecoin core wallet), you can specify a command that runs every time a transaction is observed on the network. This command can be a curl command. This is why the plugin recommends that you have in your .conf file something like:

walletnotify=curl -k https://www.example.com/?__wallets_apiversion=3&__wallets_action=notify&__wallets_symbol=LTC&__wallets_notify_type=wallet&__wallets_notify_message=%s

The %s string is replaced with the TXID, so that the plugin can then request info on that transaction.

Check to see that the curl command succeeds. Usual culprits are your .htaccess file, firewalls, errors on the wallet server (such as curl not installed), etc.

Hope this helps. If it doesn’t let me know.

with regards

d3vnu77
    Participant

Fixed, all is working now, there was a curl error and rerunning the curl notification url imported the transaction

alexg
    Keymaster

Glad you sorted it out.

The wallet notifies the plugin multiple times about each transaction, so even if communication fails once, a transaction will eventually go through. By visiting manually the notification URL, you can force a transaction to go through to the plugin. If a transaction is not reported to the plugin, then this means that your curl command has an error, or the WordPress host is not reachable from your wallet host. If this is the case, you should fix the command in your .conf file, and restart the wallet, or the next transaction will also fail to reach the plugin. See step #6 in the troubleshooting article on how to generate debug logs of the curl commands that your wallet runs.

with regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.