I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

kses after update of

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion kses after update of

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

WP Version 5.2.1
    Hi
    Before updating I always click on view version details. I updated the main plug-in just now, and immediately after I got this message when I clicked on version details for CoinPayments adapter, which I was about to update next:

The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions. [no email has arrived yet]
    Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home/clickf12/public_html/wp-includes/kses.php on line 1585

I know correlation ≠ causation but still…

The closest I can find is this:

It’s not necessarily the fault of WordPress core. Judging by the line number, a plugin or theme you’re using is sending something that isn’t a string to wp_kses_no_null(). Specifically, something is generating a WP_Error object which isn’t being caught before being sent to wp_kses_no_null().

from https://wordpress.org/support/topic/kses-php-problem/

I won’t do anything else, and if you like to go in and have a look you’re welcome. You are still a member of the site. Or tell me something to do! Thanks
    clickforafrica.org

Anonymous
    Inactive

I checked and the other plug-in that is due for update shows its version details OK. I will leave it not updated. “view details” on all the other plug-ins seems ok too.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you very much for reporting this and for providing detailed information on the problem.

I can confirm that this error occurs, and I am able to reproduce it on my machine.

This issue will not prevent you from updating to the latest version of the CoinPayments adapter, it only prevents you from seeing the changelog before updating. The changelog is also found in the plugin’s zip file, in CHANGELOG.html. I am posting here the latest entry in case you wish to review it:

• Add: It is now possible to edit fee settings per individual coin.
    • Add: It is now possible to edit the minimum withdrawal amount for each individual coin.
    • Add: The minimum withdrawal amount is initialized to the amount enforced by the platform.
    • Add: The fixed withdrawal fees for each coin are initialized to the fees incurred by the platform.
    • Add: If the admin enters a withdrawal fee or minimum withdrawal amount less than that allowed by the platform, the value from the platform is used instead.
    • Fix: Do not show admin warnings to users who do not have manage_wallets.

I will investigate further this issue on my end and will report here any findings.

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

I was able to resolve this issue, it was a minor defect on the update mechanism.

You might continue to see this error for up to a few hours, because the update info is cached. Eventually the data will be refreshed and you will not be seeing this error any more.

Thanks again for your help in identifying it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Excellent, thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.