I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

IPN

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

I hope you are doing well. I wish you a great year.

I want to ask you about the cloudwallt in different sites. I am wondering if for example I install different sites, and using the cloud adapter and putting the same IPN keys, the user balances will update across the different installs with the same adresses?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

No, because the back-end wallet, whether it’s CoinPayments or a full node wallet, does not know about users and balances. If you were to do that, the two sites would simply share a hot wallet, but the users, deposit addresses, transactions and balances on each site would be different. The coin adapter is an abstraction for the wallet back-end, and therefore does not have any effect on how balances are stored on your MySQL DB.

It is possible to use the same CoinPayments account as a back-end for two sites but this introduces a single point of failure for both sites and is thus not recommended. You would also need to keep track of the hot balance so that it’s always enough for people to be able to perform withdrawals on both sites.

The only situation where users can share balances across sites is if you have a multisite installation and you have network-activated the wallets plugin (and all of its extensions).

Have a great year too!

with regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.