I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Integration with buddypress

dashed-slug.net Forums Transition from wallets 5.x to 6.0.0 Integration with buddypress

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello
    Can you add the buddypess( or buddyboss platform ) plugin integration (addon) with wallet 6 .. I will build a social networking site and I want each user to have his own wallet through which he can purchase services or exchange operations.Your work is very great and the work you are doing is very cool and I hope you will add this feature to the wallet 6.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello and thanks for your feedback,

No, unfortunately I do not plan to develop any integration with buddypress.

The current integration with buddypress will be removed in wallets6. Currently users can receive notifications via email or buddypress, but this is clumsy and unnecessary. It does not help users to transact with each other. Users can transact with each other via the [wallets_move] shortcode and associated UI.

This does not mean that you cannot develop your social site. There is no reason why you cannot use wallets6 and buddypress together. The site that you describe is certainly possible.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for your answer,
    but I want to ask you whether every user who registers an account on the site will automatically have an account in the wallet, or will he have to re-open an account… Do you advise me to install the wallet on the subdomain?

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Users would NOT have to sign up again. All users with the has_wallets capability can hold balances and use the plugin.

The user transactions (and therefore balances) will be migrated when you install wallets6 by a cron task. This means that the MySQL rows will be copied into the new custom post types (wallets_tx and wallets_address post types). Users will not be able to use the plugin until the data migration finishes. How long this takes will depend on how much data must be migrated. This is very safe, even if anything goes wrong, you can always go back to using wallets5, since the migration process only copies and does not delete data. Once data migration is successfully completed, you can backup and delete the two custom MySQL tables (wp_wallets_txs and wp_wallets_adds) at your own time, to save space. All of this will be explained in detail in the release notes.

Using a subdomain is possible, but it is likely to cause more problems than it solves. If you can avoid it, it’s better to use a single-site installation.

with regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.