I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Insufficient funds and the order is completed, negative balance

dashed-slug.net Forums Exchange extension support Insufficient funds and the order is completed, negative balance

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In the last update, notification has begun to come out “does not have enough funds”

But the order is placed and completed.

Users can buy without balance and staying with negative balance.

alexg
    Keymaster

Thanks for reporting.

This sounds worrying.

However, I cannot reproduce the problem and there is nothing in the latest update (from 0.5.1-beta to 0.5.2-beta) that has to do with balance checks. Moreover, if you were to get any error message on order placement, the whole DB transaction would roll back and no order would be placed. So something is very strange here.

Could you please guide me so I can reproduce your steps? It’s best if I use the exact numbers that you used to test. Also, can you check your transactions in the admin screens to verify that the order was executed?

thank you

alexg
    Keymaster

Since my previous post I have identified a bug that causes the balance to momentarily seem negative, but the order is not actually placed. This particular bug does not actually allow users to purchase more coins than they should. This bug was introduced in 0.5.0-beta. However I will look at this again tomorrow.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Use version WP-4.9.9 and exchange 0.5.2-beta

I started to try because there were orders to 0 and testing I realized that I could make orders without a balance, leaving a negative balance.

I have checked the transactions and I have several users who managed to complete their purchases with balance 0 and leaving their balance in negative.

I’m going to activate it again in a private page to be able to send you screenshots.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I have just now released 0.5.3-beta which includes a few bugfixes, including one that I believe was causing the “insufficient funds” message you saw. There is also a new feature, you can now disable buy, sell, and cancel operations individually per market.

Transactions with very small amounts were previously evading the check for minimum order size due to rounding, this has now been fixed. Any existing orders of 0 amount will eventually be marked as completed as a part of normal trading.

You mentioned that you have users. Please keep in mind that the exchange is still in beta, which means not production ready. Use at your own risk.

I was not able to detect a condition where an order is executed even after triggering an error.

Thank you for your help in identifying these problems, I hope this new version addresses the issues you identified. Please let me know if it does not.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I already have users and it has worked very well until this last version that started to give errors.

I’m going to test the new version. If I detect any problem I will try to give you as much detail as possible.

I congratulate you for your plugin and for your great support.

Thank you very much and greetings.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have tried again and the same problem continues.

If you do not have funds, it indicates a message of insufficient funds but puts the order.

remaining in negative balance and being able to complete the order.

Thank you very much for your support and happy holidays

alexg
    Keymaster

Again, I am unable to reproduce this on exchange 0.5.3-beta and wallets 3.9.2. To be clear:

1. In all my tests it is impossible to buy a coin without having a base currency balance, and impossible to sell a coin without a quote currency balance.
    2. Moreover, if any error occurs, the DB transaction is rolled back, so there is no executed trade.

You mentioned that you are testing in a private website.

Is it possible for you to give me access to your test server and give me instructions on how to reproduce the problem? If you can, please let me know, because I am running out of ideas.

If you cannot give me access to your test server, could you please send me complete instructions of what you did, so I can test on my machine? I would need to know the amount, exchange rate and direction (bid/ask) of the initial order, and the same details of the matching order that is performed by the second user, who has no balance.

If you can point me to one example of this defect, I will be able to provide a solution ASAP.

thank you

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Keeping you updated on this issue:

We now know that the above issues you mentioned were possible when using MyISAM as a MySQL table storage engine. The plugin since warns the user about converting the tables to InnoDB.

Moreover, with the recent feature of available balance calculations, these balance-related issues are now resolved.

with regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.