I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Bitcoin core Wallet Adapter installation

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Bitcoin core Wallet Adapter installation

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    derik
    Participant

Can anyone give me a working configuration for the main bitcoin adapter?

I used the correct conf file and get errors.

I would like to see any working coin please!
    I dont know where my issue is.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello! Try a simple config at first (the following is only for connecting from localhost, if your WordPress is elsewhere, change the IP):

server=1
    rpcallowip=127.0.0.1/8
    rpcbind=127.0.0.1
    rpcport=8332
    rpcuser=foo
    rpcpassword=bar

If this works, then you can expand on it.

If you tell me what error you are encountering, perhaps I can help. You can also get general help on bitcoin core installation at: bitcoin.stackexchange.com

Hope you have a happy new year 2024!

with regards

derik
    Participant

JSON-RPC command getwalletinfo failed with: HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED

derik
    Participant

I have used your configuration

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED simply means that you have not entered the username/password correctly.

Make sure that you understand the difference between using rpcuser/rpcpassword and rpcauth.

You should use either user/pass or auth.

(The values foo and bar I gave above are examples, you should replace them with the credentials you are planning to use.)

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

with regards

derik
    Participant

I know the values for foo and bar are examples.

I can only tell you the error I got.

The password and the user is correct but I got this error above.

alexg
    Keymaster

If you are using a strong password with rpcpassword, does it contain the equals (=) character?

If so, you would be getting this problem. The equals character is used to assign values in the config file, and it can’t be used as part of the password.

derik
    Participant

no I dont use any signs until now.

derik
    Participant

what is the error? JSON-RPC command getwalletinfo failed with: Couldn’t connect to server

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Ensure that rpcallowip is set to the IP of your WordPress installation in CIDR notation.
    2. Ensure that rpcbind is set to the public-facing IP of your wallet node. This tells the wallet to listen on the correct NIC.
    3. If your wallet node is on a hosting provider, contact your hosting provider, and ask them to open their firewall for your server and for incoming TCP connections to your RCP port.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you continue to face problems.

with regards

derik
    Participant

I have the same issues on different hosting services also on a new vps with disable firewall.

I dont know what is wrong.

alexg
    Keymaster

Even if you have disabled your firewall, the hosting provider has their own firewall to protect their systems. You must contact them and ask them to add a specific exception for incoming TCP ports to your RPC port on your host’s IP.

Bottom line, the plugin must be able to contact the wallet. No other way around it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.