I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

I’m getting ready to replace my hacked up monero adapter with yours

dashed-slug.net Forums TurtleCoin Adapter extension support I’m getting ready to replace my hacked up monero adapter with yours

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    d3vnu77
    Participant

If I try to start the RPC client without a wallet (as specified in the installation instructions):

./2acoin-service –rpc-password MySuperSecretPassw0rd –bind-address 10.136.18.61 –enable-cors “*”
    Fatal error: You must specify a wallet file to open!

alexg
    Keymaster

OK, first of all there is the TurtleCoind service that syncs the blockchain.

Then, you also need a program that connects to this blockchain service to present addresses/wallets to your business logic.

If I have understood correctly, in the past the turtle-service was used for this. Nowadays there is the newer wallet-api service.

You will NOT be able to use 2acoin-service, because the TurtleCoin adapter is not built to communicate with turtle-service.

I have built the TurtleCoin adapter to communicate with the wallet-api service.

If your coin is a fork from an earlier TurtleCoin repo, then it may not have wallet-api.

HOWEVER, it’s very likely that you may be able to use the wallet-api service to connect to your 2acoind. Only the 2acoin developer or the TurtleCoin developer would know for sure, since I’ve never tried this.

d3vnu77
    Participant

With 2acoin-service I usually start it using:

./2acoin-service -w thesitewallet.wallet -p MySuperSecretPassw0rd --rpc-password MySuperSecretPassw0rd

alexg
    Keymaster

To further clarify, please see https://docs.turtlecoin.lol/developer/resources under “TurtleCoin Core RPC APIs”

the turtle-service API is deprecated.

d3vnu77
    Participant

I just talked to the developer. It looks like we can use wallet-api as well

d3vnu77
    Participant

Ok, so blockchain is downloaded, daemon is running, wallet-api is running, when I save the RPC Password/Wallet Password. The API chirps about “Client requested to modify a wallet, whilst no wallet is open” as can be seen in the screen shot…

Also it looks like I’m getting the same error: Not responding: Cannot open wallet n2aa.org.wallet until the admin provides the passphrase

I’ve taken screenshots of everything that might be relevant.

On a side note, the tip on how to start the daemon and wallet-api seems to have switched the port numbers up so in the tip it is saying to use the daemon port on wallet-api and vice-versa.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    d3vnu77
    Participant

Yea, I save the wallet encryption password and it is not saving it into the database when I do a DB wide search…

I just moved this whole server from an apache2 server to an nginx server, but everything else seems to be working fine…

Any idea why the password is not in the database, what is the option name I am looking for?

d3vnu77
    Participant

I see the issue, now I dont think I have mbstring installed on this server

d3vnu77
    Participant

Maybe it is a residual from before, since I was already using this currency… so it is not generating anymore options for it and Im stuck with the options I currently have from before.

As you can see from the screenshot I am missing the deamon IP Address and Port & the Wall password options in the database here…

Any reason why these options don’t exist in my database?

Attachments:
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

OK it’s great news to hear that you can use wallet-api with your blockchain! You brought up several points, let me address all of them:

mbstring is not a required PHP module, so it is not an issue if you don’t have it.

The wallet password is saved in a transient, so it’s not necessarily in the DB. Assuming your coin’s symbol is ARMS, the transient name is trtl-ARMS-settings-wallet-passphrase. You can check what the value is using wp-cli:

wp transient get trtl-ARMS-settings-wallet-passphrase

Where transients are stored depends on whether you have a server-side object cache installed. Some object caches store transients on their own memory rather than the DB, so this is why you should use wp-cli to check transients, not MySQL/phpMyAdmin.

To see exactly how the password is saved, see the function update_value_if_not_empty(). It’s hooked on the save pre_update_option_ filter for option trtl-ARMS-settings-wallet-passphrase. The function gets a value and if it’s not empty, it tries to save it in a transient. If the value of the option wallets_secrets_retain_minutes is 0 or empty, then the transient is saved forever. Otherwise it’s saved for however many minutes you’ve set secrets to be saved for.

I’m not sure why your daemon IP and port are not saved in your DB. They should be in trtl-ARMS-settings-daemon-ip and trtl-ARMS-settings-daemon-port respectively.

I also noticed that, according to your settings as shown in the screenshot, your coin symbol is “2acoin” not “ARMS”. How are you defining your coin? I have included 2acoin/ARMS as a default coin, so you shouldn’t have to use wallets_turtlecoin_adapter_filter at all. If you are using this filter, delete it. Your coin’s name is 2ACoin and its symbol is “ARMS”: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/2acoin

Hope this helps. Good luck. Please let me know what you found. I think you are looking at the wrong options in your DB (wallets-2acoin-* rather than wallets-ARMS-*).

with regards

d3vnu77
    Participant

Yea, so the wallet password and the rpc password does not seem to be saving into the database…

You can see in this alphanumerically arranged list that they are not in there…

Also, when I run “wp transient get trtl-ARMS-settings-wallet-passphrase” after saving settings I get:

Warning: Transient with key “trtl-ARMS-settings-wallet-passphrase” is not set.

wallets_secrets_retain_minutes is set to 0 as can be seen in the screenshot

The original 2acoin adapter has been disabled and deleted.

The passwords when saved still are not saved to the database.

Attachments:
    d3vnu77
    Participant

I manually added the options to the database, but the same connection errors still occur with the manually added options as seen in the screenshot.

Attachments:
    alexg
    Keymaster

While most options are saved as options, the secrets are stored as transients. If your object cache were misbehaving, you would get this issue.

What is the output of the command wp cache type? This is a wp-cli command that will determine the type of object cache installed.

alexg
    Keymaster

Also check to see if the wp-content/cache directory is writable by your HTTP server’s user:group (usually www-data:www-data).

For more information about the default object cache, see this article: https://perishablepress.com/how-to-enable-the-default-wordpress-object-cache/

d3vnu77
    Participant

Cache: W3TC memcached

wp-content/cache is writable

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.