I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

html comments Error: please disable html optimizers

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion html comments Error: please disable html optimizers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I installed Bitcoin and Altcoin wallet plugin yesterday and my website suddenly started showing this error ‘Bitcoin and Altcoin wallet relies on html comments, please disable your html optimizers’. The error is being shown in the front-end. I tried to remove all other plugins and reinstalled WordPress but still the problem persists. Please help

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

Yes, me too I noticed this. Alex, It is something tha we should expect? It can be avoided in somehow this popup message?

Thank you

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello, I have replied about this issue to the original post at https://wordpress.org/support/topic/html-comments-error/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

Updating to the last version, the popup message does not appear anymore. As I could see you moved the comment to console, but checking on my console it does not appear, so it was a bug?

I want to mention also that since V5.0.0, in console, for non logged in users there is an error in the console:

Failed to load resource: ….?__wallets_apiversion=3&__wallets_action=get_coins_info the server responded with a status of 403 ()

I clicked on the link in a new window and it gives: {“result”:”error”,”code”:-106,”message”:”Must be logged in or specify a valid API key”}

Could you check it?

PD: please tell me if I should post it to a new thread if has no relation with the HTML comments

Thank you

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

The detection of HTML comment removals was not 100% accurate in some edge cases. If you can view the shortcode [wallets_balance template="list"] without problems, then don’t worry about it.

Thank you very much for spotting the other issue you mentioned regarding 403 errors. Turns out that, now that the JS code is lazy-loaded, some of the extensions can force the main plugin to load the JS code, even if the user is not logged in. I can fix this easily in the next patch of the plugin. I will notify you, but don’t worry about it, as it doesn’t cause any serious issue, other than minor performance reduction.

with regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.