I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Full node daemons can be installed in single server

dashed-slug.net Forums Full Node Multi Coin Adapter extension support Full node daemons can be installed in single server

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    blacklevel
    Participant

Hello,
    to use Full Node Multi Coin addapter,

full node daemons Litecoin, Dogecoin Bitcoin Cash And Bitcoin must be installed on diferent servers, or can be installed in single server?
    Or only one – bitcoin core daemon is enough?

Sorry for my question, but I’m confused…

blacklevel
    Participant

P.S.
    OR ALSO..

Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash coins can work in the same node, and Litecoin and Dogecoin on the same another node?

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Each of these coins you mentioned has its own wallet. You can run all the wallets on the same server or on different servers, depending on the resources available on your server(s).

To connect to a Bitcoin core full node, use the built in adapter and give the connection information to connect to your daemon.

To connect to other Bitcoin-like wallets, such as Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Dogecoin, you must currently use the Full Node Multi Coin Adapter extension.

On your server, you can have as many wallets running as you like, as long as you have enough CPU and disk space. The nodes all listen to different TCP ports and will have different login credentials.

(In the upcoming wallets6 plugin this changes, as you will be able define an arbitrary number of Bitcoin-like wallet connections in the plugin without installing an external coin adapter. All will be explained at the release notes. For now just keep in mind that you may need to reenter your connection settings to reconnect to your wallets. The process is easy, easier than the current process, and I will be available to help you along the way.)

with regards,
    Alex

blacklevel
    Participant

alexg, thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.