I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

fiat api

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

I am looking for a way to implment cards like viza or mstrcad. I found services like Contis and oher ones, that offers what I want, like white lbel brnding, and I would like to know what technical requirements are necessary to connect them somehow with the wallt (at least for fiat).

Do you think it is possible?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

currently there is no way to do it automatically.

One solution could be:

Use woocommerce to sell dummy items. Then deposit the amount manually via the FIAT adapter plugin. offer FIAT<->CC pair in the exchange so users can swap. Done 🙂

Regards
    Philipp

Anonymous
    Inactive

@phiten thanks for the sugestion, but it is not what I am asking for.

I am asking about offering viza or mastcrd cards to my users in order to bridge externaly.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Actually it is by design that I have not provided a way to accept credit card payments in the plugin.

The reason is chargebacks which can be used to scam you; crypto transactions are irreversible, while cc payments can be reversed up to 30 days later.

I have provided a more detailed explanation of this here: https://www.dashed-slug.net/forums/topic/feature-request-deposit-options/#post-5977

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

Maybe I did not explain myself verry well.

I dont want the cards for using them on the site (yes if they want to, using a third gateway like strip). Like Contis, offers the possiblity of offering cards to users with my own brand, and the funds are handled by them (because of a eme licence requirment). So, if I want to use their service, how can I synchornize with fiat users balance on my site?

I hope it is more clear now.

Thanks in advance

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you for the clarification.

Apologies, indeed I had misunderstood your question.

If you are looking to offer your own visa or mastercard cards, connecting to this plugin is the least of your problems. I have never looked too much into this, but I believe it is a somewhat difficult task for a small to medium website/business. You would need to first register as a payments processor, which is something that banks and institutions usually do.

In any case, if you were to acquire all of the appropriate licenses and infrastructure, and if you then insisted on connecting your service with this plugin: It would then be a matter of creating a coin adapter that communicates with the API that you use for your cards system. Not an easy task, but definitely easier than all of the other things that you would need to do.

I don’t think this is a very viable strategy but perhaps you know something I don’t. If so, please let me know.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Alex for your reply.

As I could search for this proposal, I would not need the licence if I use their service or another similar one. They have the licence and offer the service of white branding for other companies (b2b). So it would be only a matter of developping a new adapter (maybe an hybrid one for fiat and crpto if exists the service).

I understand that you are busy, but could you maybe considere it for a potential development in some near future?

Thanks again Alex

PS: what number of users you have in mind when you say small to medium website? 100 1k 10k 100k 1m?

alexg
    Keymaster

I understand. I did not know this.

Unfortunately it is impossible for me to work on something that is that specific.

On the other hand, if the service offers API docs, and if you were to hire a PHP developer, I can provide guidance to them for interconnecting to the plugin.

As for your other question, there is no specific number. The plugin is built to run on sites with up to a few thousand users at most, anything over that and you might run into scalability issues, depending on your hardware, plugin settings, and services offered.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you very much Alex for your support, as always.

For the API docs, the services I consulted it is the case. So regarding the interconnection, I will do so when I find the planning for its development.

Thanks again Alex, and great work!

PS: it is not my case in terms of users, but it is something I thin about all the time, scalability and performance. If you can give me someday more details about how many users can this support in a stress test scenario would be great. I really don’t know, but is there any extension to simulate users activity in a site in order to measure performance?

alexg
    Keymaster

I do not believe there is a hard limit on scalability, but be reasonable. Don’t expect to fit millions of users on a MySQL database.

Another bottleneck is the server resources. Every JSON API call requires some CPU, memory and disk resources. You can minimize this by slowing down or disabling frontend polling.

But if you are planning to have hundreds of thousands of users, that means that your business is large enough that you can hire a team of developers to build you a brand new system from scratch. No need to base it on WordPress. There are far more efficient platforms out there, the advantage of WordPress on a LAMP stack is its ease of use and large user base, not its performance.

I am guessing that this plugin can be used with up to a few thousand users on a powerful server. YMMV.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Alex for this clarifications.

I don’t have at all hundreds of thousands of users, but just thinking is good to know. Hope some day I can have at least a thousannd 🙂

About prfrmance, Iif I enable “Skip refreshing exchange rates when HTTP_REFERER is set”, in excnge rtes, how can I set up a unix cron job?

Thanks again

alexg
    Keymaster

@bigblue The option you mention is there so that user requests do not get slowed down by the subsystem that downloads exchange rates.

If you set up a cron job trigger, then all the data downloads will occur on those triggers, rather than during user requests.

To set up a cron job trigger, simply set up something that hits the cron url periodically. How you do this is up to you. On most linux systems, its a simple matter of running curl on a cron. I believe cpanel also lets you do this if you don’t have shell access.

with regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.