I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Faucethub API

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

HI, is there any plan to add the ability to make payments to FaucetHub from the faucet? It would be a lot cheaper to make larger single payments to FaucetHub and pay users who want to withdraw that way than pay the sometimes stupidly high processing fees for a BTC transaction.

It would also make the payments almost immediate. I know most people seem to view BTC as an investment platform but for those of us who want to use it as an actual currency, it can be quite frustrating!
    Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately implementing a faucet microtransaction API might not work very well for this plugin. This is because the balance a user holds is shared between the faucet and other plugins.

The correct solution to this problem will eventually be provided by the Lightning network. I have not had the time to test and implement it.

A BTC faucet is somewhat of an edge case – most users use the faucet to distribute smaller coins, and these coins do not have the high fees that Bitcoin recently had, due to them having less scale.

As lightning becomes more prevalent, Bitcoin should be good both for store of value and fast, cheap transactions, so I will try to provide an implementation towards that.

kind regards
    Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

Understood. Yes lightning looks promising.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.