I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

failed with status="500" and error="Block not found"

dashed-slug.net Forums Full Node Multi Coin Adapter extension support failed with status="500" and error="Block not found"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The plug-in was working for a while, and now it seems dead. Here’s what the debug log says –

[03-Sep-2018 21:23:58 UTC] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-cron-manager/inc/Cron/EventsActions.php on line 101
    [03-Sep-2018 21:24:23 UTC] Dashed_Slug_Wallets_Coin_Adapter_RPC::action_wallets_notify_block() failed with status="500" and error="Block not found"

alexg
    Keymaster

OK, how exactly is the plugin dead?

What do you see on the screen?

Does the plugin work if you deactivate Advanced Cron Manager?

Also, since you are connecting to a full node wallet, you could disable blocknotify in your conf file. Only walletnotify is necessary for detecting incoming deposits. blocknotify is not really used.

Let me know what you find please.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Alex,

Thanks for following up so quickly. I was able to resolve the issue. Here’s what I found –

I believe the plug-in started acting funny when the node wallet started staking. Have you seen issues with PoS coins working with the plug-in? I wiped the install clean, and set staking=0 in the wallet conf, and things seem to be running fine now.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hi and thanks for reporting this.

I have tested the plugin with some PoS coins but not many.

For instance, it works just fine with Magi (XMG) while staking.

But each coin is different. It seems like your wallet reported a block id that it was not able to retrieve via the getblock RPC command. You could check if this is the case. I will change the plugin so it fails silently with only an error in the logs in this case. You should then be able to continue staking.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great!

I’ve been running into a few deposit issues. Have you seen this before?

1. Deposits will work fine for a while, then the plug-in starts hanging on the deposits at a pending status. Never recovers.
    2. Changed required # of confirmations to only 1 and restart the wallet daemon.
    3. Deposits now work with 1 confirmation, but the plugin never goes back to update the # of confirmations for deposits and they remain at 1 confirmation in the transactions screen.

Ideally I’d like to increase the number of confirmations to 6, but am worried the plugin will start hanging again. There were no errors in the debug log.

alexg
    Keymaster

No, I have never encountered this particular type of problem.

If you let me know which wallet you are using perhaps I can look at it.

Also, have you added a walletnotify line into your conf file, as instructed by the plugin? This should be a curl command that directly notifies the plugin of incoming deposits. If this is not set, the plugin will need to rely on polling to discover incoming deposits.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have added the walletnotify conf. I’m using a Graphcoin wallet – https://github.com/Graphcoin it’s a fork of the latest PIVX code.

Wallet conf –

staking=0
    rpcuser=xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    rpcpassword=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    rpcport=22628
    rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
    rpcallowip=104.248.62.172
    listen=1
    server=1
    daemon=1
    port=22629
    logintimestamps=1
    maxconnections=256
    bind=104.248.62.172
    externalip=104.248.62.172:22629
    walletnotify=curl -sk https://beam.works/wallets/api2/notify/GRPH/wallet/%s >/dev/null

alexg
    Keymaster

Version 3.6.5 now handles errors arising from invalid block IDs or TXIDs silently. It only writes out an error to the logs if logging is enabled.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.