I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Exchange rate for custom coins

dashed-slug.net Forums Fiat Coin Adapter extension support Exchange rate for custom coins

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    odior
    Participant

Hi, please how do I set the exchange rate for custom coins not backed by any cryptocurrency? I want to be able to display the total account value of the custom coins in USD/the preferred currency of the user.

Is this possible?

Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can force the plugin to think that a currency has a specific exchange rate using some custom code that you can put in a PHP file and activate it like a plugin.

A full example is here:

https://gist.github.com/alex-georgiou/492196184f206002c864225180ca8fbb

The example declares two custom currencies in the exchange rates system, and also sets a few exchange rates.

This will allow the plugin to show equivalent amounts in other currencies below the actual amounts. You can also have customers checkout a woocommerce cart with custom currencies, if the exchange rate is known between that currency and the shop’s default currency.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

with regards

odior
    Participant

Genius! It works!

Thanks man, great job.

odior
    Participant

Hi, please I have a follow up question: while the plugin sets the exchange rate, I have had issues setting the value of custom coins to cents. For example, 70 cents (0.70) doesn’t work. It doesn’t calculate the rate properly. Is there a way around this?

Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am not sure why this would be the case.

Can you please provide the following information:

1. What code did you use to set the exchange rate information? Can you show me here or email me the full code you used?

2. What do you mean by “doesn’t calculate the rate properly”? What output do you see? Can you provide a screenshot?

Thank you

with regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.