I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Exchange not working

dashed-slug.net Forums Exchange extension support Exchange not working

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Its new set up
    Any error
    Used shortcode
    any price
    any chart
    I can’t choose nothing
    Safari MAC book

All other module are working correct

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Your screenshot shows the plugin working as expected.

If it is a new setup, it is expected that the orderbook and price charts are empty.

As you and others enter orders, the orderbooks will fill.

When some of these orders match, there will be candlesticks in the chart. First the smaller timeframes will fill, then as time passes, the longer timeframes will also show candlesticks.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alexq,

But i think that i have to get market exchange rate from any provider ( in my case coinpayment)

Market selection: [wallets_exchange_market] – what i have to get with this? what exchange rate i will get?

The same for Bids: [wallets_exchange_bids] Asks: [wallets_exchange_asks] — what value i will get, from what exchange (coinpayment ???)

Maybe you can add connector to crypto exchange like Kraken ? We will get liquidity and exchange rate?

Its more real case.

Thank you

alexg
    Keymaster

CoinPayments is not used in the plugin as an exchange rates provider but as a wallet, via a coin adapter.

Exchange rates are pulled from other sources, but these are not historical. These are current exchange rates that are used to do calculations.

Your exchange is currently empty and it cannot “borrow” liquidity from another one. This plugin is an exchange itself, not a frontend to a remote exchange. So, unfortunately, what you are proposing is not possible.

The same is true for the bids/asks table: You can enter any bids or asks you want. In theory, as your exchange grows, there will be price discovery, and prices should converge to whatever the market value is for a coin, due to the actions of people performing arbitrage.

Hope this is a bit clearer.

kind regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.