I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Exchange execution error – version 0.1.3

dashed-slug.net Forums Exchange extension support Exchange execution error – version 0.1.3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

After some further testing I found the following issue:

Placed a bid on a pair BTC/EOT on the exchange – Example placed a bid to buy 100 EOT for 0.00000010 BTC
    The bid was logged correctly and is shown correctly on the bid side – when this bid is traded, the seller of the 100 EOT correctly receives BTC and 100 EOT gets deducted from the sellers EOT wallet. This is all correct. Where the error comes in is the buyer also receives BTC instead of the BTC being deducted and 100 EOT then also gets deducted from the buyers wallet instead the buyers wallet should be credited with 100 EOT. There seems to be something wrong with the logic?

If you need any further information on this issue please let me know what you need and I can provide more details.

Anonymous
    Inactive

A further update on this from what I have found is that this error occurs only when you are trading on the bid side. If you trade on the ask side the trade executes correctly.

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is very helpful.

I was already made aware that there is some error in the matching engine, and it didn’t get caught by my tests.

I plan to fix this very soon, as it obviously is a matter of priority.

There will be a patch as soon as possible.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

I made the following change that seems to have fixed the issue:
    Line 1568 in php-api.php

Changed to: if ( ‘bid’ == $maker_order->direction ) {

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you for the detailed explanation and for attempting to provide a fix.

Your fix is almost correct except it does not correctly calculate fees.

With your help I have identified the problem and will provide a fix that will also correctly take maker/taker fees into account.

best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

In version 0.2.0-beta, released just now, I have provided a major refactoring and cleanup of the matching engine. A number of bugs on the trading logic and fee calculation were fixed.

Thank you for you help.

kind regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.