I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

? – Exchange Chart Timeframe

dashed-slug.net Forums Exchange extension support ? – Exchange Chart Timeframe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    megeanwasson
    Participant

Hey Alex, I hope you are well 🙂
    On the exchange display page where we add the chart shortcode, is there a way to change the default Timeframe to start off with showing 1d instead of 30m?

This is not urgent so your help when you can 🙂

Kind Regards
    Megan

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello Megan,

This is not currently easy to do.

Actually I am currently working on a big change that will allow shortcodes to do things like that.

First I will roll out these changes to the parent plugin, possibly later today if all goes well, or early within the week.

After that, I will apply similar changes to the Exchange extension. I will try to do this as well.

In any case, the timeframe can be controlled via JavaScript. To set the knockout observable to 1 hour candlesticks, you would do:

wp.wallets.viewModels.walletsExchangeChart.selectedTimeframe('1h');

You could attach this to the wallets_exchange_ready bubbling event, like so:

$( 'html' ).on( 'wallets_exchange_ready', function( event, markets ) {
        wp.wallets.viewModels.walletsExchangeChart.selectedTimeframe('1h');
    } );

The available timeframes are: ‘1m’, ‘3m’, ‘5m’, ’15m’, ’30m’, ‘1h’, ‘4h’, ‘1d’, ‘1w’

Hope this helps.

with regards

megeanwasson
    Participant

Awesome news 🙂

Thanks I will try your suggestion so long.

Kind Regards
    Megan

megeanwasson
    Participant

Hi Alex, I hope you are well 🙂
    I am finally getting to try this, I am not quite sure where you suggesting that I put this code suggestion?
    You assistance/advice will be appreciated 🙂
    Regards
    Megan

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello Megan,

The above JavaScript code can be added by enqueueing it as part of your child theme. Use wp_enqueue_script() in your functions.php file to reference the .js file: https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_enqueue_script/

You should not have to worry about dependencies: the code does not reference the wp object on the first pass. If the event is trigerred, this means that all the prerequisites have already been loaded. Simply give a unique handle and the path to the script, like so:

wp_enqueue_script('my-wallets-exchange-js', '/path/to/your/javascript.file.js' );

If you don’t want to enqueue the script, there are also plugins that let you easily add JavaScript tags to your pages. For example, with a quick search I found this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/header-and-footer-scripts/

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

In version 0.7.0-beta of the Exchange extension, if you choose to use the new static templates, you can specify an initial timeframe for your chart. For example: [wallets_exchange_chart template="static" market="BTC_LTC" timeframe="1h"]. This will not work with the previous dynamic template (default).

Please see the full release notes here: https://www.dashed-slug.net/static-exchange-templates/ and the accompanying documentation for more examples of what shortcodes you can use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.