I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

EVM Support?

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion EVM Support?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    blockshadi
    Participant

Hello
    When will EVM support come into place with this awesome plugin?
    I have been a follower, and a user for a limited time, of this for over two years.
    The only thing that is really missing is this EVM support.
    When we say Ethereum, we do not mean the blockchain per se, but the EVM technology as s whole; where Ethereum blockchain is just an example.
    I hope this can be taken into consideration which will cause a spike to the plugin’s use case applications.
    With love and support.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Ethereum is an often requested feature, mainly because people want to offer ERC-20s.

I have debated this back and forth for some time, and I have decided against it. I have ranted elsewhere on this forum on the difficulties, but to keep it short, the main problem is the accounts model. The plugin needs all the user funds to be in one pot, not on separate accounts, because:

1. it does a lot of off-chain transactions, and
    2. it helps you do cold storage, so not all funds can be online

In short, an Ethereum wallet would have to manage transfers of deposits to a central address, and that costs gas which has to be somehow managed and this is very flaky and hard to implement. But if someone is interested to implement a wallet adapter that does this, I am happy to provide help.

If what you’re looking for is to introduce custom tokens, then this is not possible at the moment.

I am planning to soon release LND support. After that, I will look into maybe integrating Tarot, which introduces custom tokens/assets on the Lightning network.

If what you’re interested in is smart contracts, then this is definitely out of scope of this plugin, and would require a different plugin altogether.

Thanks for understanding. Let me know if you have any more thoughts on this.

with regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.