I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Ether on Coinpayments not showing user balances

dashed-slug.net Forums CoinPayments.net Wallet Adapter extension support Ether on Coinpayments not showing user balances

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    duanecato
    Participant

I sent ETH from my other wallet to my user account wallet on my wordpress site, linked to Coinpayments, and the balance does not show up on the site. I see the updated balance in Coinpayments, but not in the user balances when I look at the plugin wallet adapters, or the user balances. Following the instructions to some of the other users on this forum who had this issue, I looked at my IPN History, and the transaction was not sent successfully. I checked to see if the IPN URL for the site is accessible (https://xaymacacoin.gotdns.com?wallets-cp-ipn=1),and the response comes back “IPN Mode is not HMAC“, which I think is what is expected. Multiple resends have not worked. Can you offer any insight or ideas on where to check next?
    Thanks for your help.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for providing a detailed description of the issue. Your funds are safe in your wallet, it’s just that they were not credited to that WordPress user in the DB.

1. You have verified that the IPN endpoint is accessible from your browser, but it also has to be accessible from CoinPayments. If you are filtering IPs by geolocation on your site then that could be one problem.

2. A security plugin could be blocking the IPN message. If this is a test site, you could try to disable your security plugins and try again. If the message works this time, this means that your security plugins need configuring.

3. You say that the IPN message was not sent. If you open up the details of the message in your CoinPayments account there might be more information there. Go again to the IPN history, find the message with status = 100 and click on the date/time on the left hand side. This will open the details of that message and there might be an error message there. If there is, please share it with me so we can figure out what happened.

You do not need to test with real crypto, you can test the mechanism with LTCT to make sure that everything works as expected. You can initiate Litecoin testnet deposits from here: http://testnet.litecointools.com/ The IPN mechanism is exactly the same for all coins.

Please keep me updated.

kind regards
    Alex

duanecato
    Participant

I’ve continued to work on this with no success. I have moved the domain to a permanent site (on https://xaymacacoin.com), in case CoinPayments.net was blocking the .gotdns.com domain. I also turned off my firewall temporarily. When I deposited LTCT transactions to my wallet site connected to CoinPayments, CP shows the updated balance, but once again, my site does not have the correct detail. Looking at the IPN history, it shows (again) that the IPN was not sent successfully. The IPN contents also have no errors at all – I’ve included a screenshot. IPN History shot Looking for any advice you can provide – this is really hamstringing my plans to get the site live.

duanecato
    Participant

I posted an update on my problem here yesterday, and don’t see it. Can you take a look at your posting filter and let me know if you can help answer my questions?

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I have published your previous post. Thank you for providing additional details.

The symptoms you observe are to be expected since the IPN was not sent successfully. The question is why it was not sent.

I can see that the API endpoint at https://xaymacacoin.com/?wallets-cp-ipn=1 is correctly exposed to the internet.

You mentioned that you momentarily disabled your firewall. Can you please tell me which firewall?

The only course of action now would be to make sure that there are no other firewalls preventing the message from getting through.

You could check if any of the following types of software interfere:

1. Security plugins installed on your WordPress site. Access to your site might be limited by geolocation or other factors and this could be preventing the CoinPayments platform from connecting.

2. Firewalls at your server host.

3. Any firewalls that your host is running to secure their network.

Other things I can think of:

4. Could it be that you have entered your credentials a second time incorrectly after first entering them correctly once? Could you try entering the details once more? The IPN secret is used to verify the authenticity of messages coming from CoinPayments, so if this is entered even slightly wrong then messages would not be delivered. It might be worth verifying that everything is entered correctly and with no additional whitespace characters.

5. Since the IPN details did not reveal any useful error message, it might be worth asking CoinPayments support to see why the IPN message with ID aa3b3a4ed5fcfecd96a45222b5f73246 was not delivered. Perhaps they have more information on this.

I plan to add some validation to the input fields for the credentials, so that users can get early warning on such errors.

Please let me know what you find.

kind regards
    Alex

duanecato
    Participant

The firewall I use is Wordfence on my WordPress site, which is what I disabled. I’ll follow up on your suggestion to ask CoinPayments why the IPN was not delivered.I also did try reentering the IPN secret to no avail, but I’ll do it again and retry.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello again,

You should also check to see that the incoming connections are not blocked by some other firewall, such as a firewall that your host has placed.

To clarify, CoinPayments should only be able to tell you whether the connection was successful (and the message was rejected) or whether the connection was not successful. In the first case it would be a matter of an incorrect IPN secret, while in the second case it would be an issue with some firewall. I am only mentioning firewalls because a number of other users had the same problems with their hosting providers.

kind regards

duanecato
    Participant

I was able to finally get the IPNs detected on my site correctly by re-inputting all the Coinpayments details from scratch. The transactions now show up for both ETH and LTCT. However, the balances on coinpayments differ from what is on my site, since the IPNs that failed disappeared from Coinpayments before I got the issue fixed. Is there a way to bring my site balances back in line with what is in Coinpayments – besides withdrawing everything and redepositing?

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello duanecato,

Great news that you got deposits working.

If you can replay the IPN messages then that should fix your problem. Go to your IPN history and see. Normally IPN messages are retried for a number of times and then fail, but you can select to retry them by clicking on a button.

If not, then what you suggest would be another way to do it.

Hope this helps.

kind regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.