I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Error when accessing the Wallet Admin Docs

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Error when accessing the Wallet Admin Docs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    d3vnu77
    Participant

When accessing the Wallet admin docs, I get the following frontend error:

“There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.”

I get this error in the nginx server logs.

FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: ParsedownExtra requires a later version of Parsedown in /var/www/website.com/wp-content/plugins/wallets/third-party/ParsedownExtra.php:28

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello and thanks for reporting this issue.

The error occurs because another plugin, or possibly even a theme, is loading an older version of Parsedown on your site.

If you want to find out which plugins use Parsedown, assuming you have shell access to your WordPress, you can do:

find /path/to/wordpress -name Parsedown.php

If it’s a plugin you don’t need you can uninstall it. Or you can tell the developer to update their plugin to the latest Parsedown.

Fortunately the documentation is markdown, so you can read it with any text editor or markdown editor: The documentation is in the docs folder of each plugin.

For the main plugin, you can also read the documentation online via the github pages:

https://github.com/dashed-slug/wallets/tree/master/docs

I will see if I can make the plugin not require ParsedownExtra in the next release.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have more questions.

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

In the latest version 6.2.0, if the ParsedownExtra class is not loadable, then the plugin will fall back to whatever Parsedown was loaded by another component. This is not optimal, and some features of the documentation will not work correctly, but the documentation will be readable overall.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.