I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

php_curl error code 23 on site logs

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion php_curl error code 23 on site logs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zhak
    Participant

Help me, am getting this error on my error log , and it seem connected to this plugin:

PHP curl returned error 23 while retrieving https://api.coingecko.com/api/v3/simple/price?ids=bitcoin&vs_currencies=btc,usd. The error was: Failed writing received data to disk/application

Find screenshot attached

• This topic was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by alexg. Reason: more descriptive title
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

This error comes from the php_curl module. The module writes retrieved data from the web to a temporary file.

Here the plugin is simply querying Coingecko for some exchange rates. Since in this case the data is very small in size, this should not normally be a problem.

1. Check to see if the disk space on your web server is completely full. Only if the free space is 0 bytes this problem would arise. This could happen for example if you have left some logs running without logrotate.

2. Check to see that the wordpress directory and its subdirectories are writeable by the webserver (apache or nginx).

Depending on your system, you may need to do:

chown -R www-data:www-data /path/to/wordpress

But don’t just copy the command, check to see what the uid and gid should be, and check your system first. If you are not sure, take a full backup of your site first. This command can mess things up if you don’t know what you are doing.

In any one of these two cases, it is a misconfiguration of your web server. It is likely that this causes problems to more plugins than just this one. If someone else is administering your host for you, contact them about this.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

with regards

zhak
    Participant

my disk space almost full before but now its been freed i have 65% space availablr(check the attached screenshot). so, i installed the plugin again for the error and i didnt see that error but there is a new error on my errorlog and here is it below(attached)

could you help translate this please, i have been using the plugin since 2020 why do i see this error now, although it hasne shown any effect on the front end yet, but a, afrain there might be an effect to this somehow/somewhere?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    alexg
    Keymaster

Great to hear that you resolved the curl issue.

This is not an error, it’s just a notice, informing you that upon plugin activation your admin user was given the manage_wallets capability:

https://github.com/dashed-slug/wallets/blob/6.2.5/admin/capabilities.php#L310

You should be good to go. Please let me know in a new thread if you have any more questions about the plugin.

with regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.