I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

erc20 tokens

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello
    Is there a way to add erc20 tokens with full node?
    And maybe Ethereum, without going with coinpayments?
    Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

No, unfortunately there is no way to connect ERC20 tokens at this time.

Negocios Rentables
    Participant

Hello Alex, I hope you are well.
    Maybe you could invent or create an adapter to integrate your plugin with the plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/ethereum-wallet/ and perhaps connect them in some way. It’s just an idea because really integrating your plugin with ether would be a true wonder.
    A hug.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion. I appreciate it.

I looked at the plugin and actually this is not very helpful. If I could find the time to properly study this plugin, it would be a lot easier and faster to develop a new ERC20 adapter from scratch.

I am aware that many people want ERC20 but it is not something I can work on at this time.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

How much will it cost? How much time do you need

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is possible if you add your erc20 token to coinpayments right?

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello @Enterprises,

To answer your question: I have performed some analysis in the past and an ERC20 adapter to the eth wallet that would not lose money on transaction fees would take me more than a month. As mentioned in the FAQ I do not accept payment for custom work, but if I do end up implementing it I will post here and on the blog.

If you were to list your coin in CoinPayments, then of course the plugin would be able to use it with the existing coin adapter. But it’s up to you to decide if this is viable for you.

with regards

Negocios Rentables
    Participant

Hi Alex, how are you? I hope well and as always I appreciate your work.
    For months I have been waiting for good news from you about the possibility of an adapter for ethereum.
    You said it would take at least a month to create it, but a year has passed. Hopefully you can include this in your list of things to do, it would be very interesting to have a full node of Ethereum and be able to accept ERC20 tokens and other standards in our complement.
    I encourage you to please don’t leave it too long.
    A cordial greeting.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Apologies for the confusion. I said it would take me more than a month, but I didn’t say that I will definitely do it. More than a month means that I can’t do it because I don’t have that kind of time.

I believe I mentioned elsewhere on the forum that there is an issue that made me cancel the effort. In any case, the difficulty is explained here: https://www.dashed-slug.net/forums/topic/ethereum-possible/#post-3287

As explained on my last blog post, my roadmap is full right now and it will be several months before I can even think of doing any development of new components. It doesn’t make sense to go on developing new things until I fix all issues with the current products. I hope you understand.

For all of the reasons above, do not expect an ERC20 adapter any time soon.

with regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.