I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Electrum

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi on the electrum page it says

The Electrum adapter currently has a number of issues that I have not found the time to address. My recommendation to all new users is to either use Bitcoin core for now, or one of the cloud wallet adapters.

Is the situation still the same, and if so, what are the issues? Might it still be useable? I’ve tried setting up a full node but I doubt I could reliably keep it running indefinitely, safely.
    Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I have long since removed Electrum from the list of offered coin adapters.

At the time there was no way to query the API for an arbitrary number of new, unused addresses over JSONRPC. i.e. The problem is with the listaddresses RPC command.

I checked again today and this has not changed. The API returns a fixed number of unused addresses, the same every time. This does not fit well with the plugin. Ideally there should be a way to query for a fresh address belonging to the wallet. The plugin needs this to assign addresses to an arbitrary number of users uniquely and quickly.

What issues are you facing that prevent you from continuing to run your full node? If you have set up your bitcoin server as a service on a machine that you control, then the system can start the wallet reliably even if it crashes, or if you reboot.

with regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.