I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Does not work for all cryptonote based coins

dashed-slug.net Forums Monero Wallet Adapter extension support Does not work for all cryptonote based coins

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    alexg
    Keymaster

I am trying to install this for Karbowanec (cryptonote-based) coin, but it keeps giving the ‘WARNING Authorization required (ip.address:port)’ on my console where I am hosting the wallet. It seems to detect the connection but it’s not working for authorization.

https://github.com/seredat/karbowanec/wiki/Karbowanec-RPC-Wallet

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    alexg
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know.

I have not tested the adapter with this particular wallet.

Once I do I will let you know what I found here.

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Any updates on this issue please? we need to decide if this plugin is the best suit for our business atm.

alexg
    Keymaster

No, unfortunately I am not able to work on this at the moment.

To be clear, this will not be very soon, because I am busy with other tasks related to the plugin.

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Sure Alex, I know you are busy.

So I did a little bit of investigation and found out that some cryptonote based wallets such as Karbowanec and Elya does not have the “get_accounts” rpc command.

How can I replace/fix this?

These are the RPC commands available on Karbowanec (https://github.com/seredat/karbowanec/wiki/RPC-Wallet-API)

Reset
    Get status
    Save
    Get view key
    Get spend keys
    Get addresses
    Create address
    Delete address
    Get balance
    Get block hashes
    Get transaction hashes
    Get transactions
    Get unconfirmed transaction hashes
    Get transaction
    Send transaction
    Get status
    Estimate fusion
    Send fusion transaction
    Validate address

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you for providing this additional info. The situation is this:

The Monero coin adapter relies heavily on the subaddresses feature which was introduced in Monero, but is not available in vanilla Cryptonote. Therefore, the coin adapter will only work with forks that have subaddresses. This includes many, but not all Cryptonote wallets.

Unfortunately you will not be able to use karbowanec wallet with this coin adapter at this time.

with regards

LeinAd
    Participant

hey there. ok this topic is for all “bytecoin” forks.. what do you think alex? can you support with wallet6?

alexg
    Keymaster

@LeinAd

Hello,

The upcoming wallets6 is not about providing any new features: It is a consolidation effort of the existing features, into a new codebase that will be of higher quality in terms of UI performance, documentation, readability, maintainability, better unit testing, better static code analysis, automated integration testing, etc.

So, at this time, I am not able to work on any new features. Here is my plan going forward:

I am currently completing the core plugin, and beginning changes to the extensions.

When this is done (around summertime), I will release the changes and I will allocate some time towards bug fixing. With any new software release there are always integration issues that are not discovered until after release, and it should take about a month to sort these out.

Hopefully by autumn time the first bugs will be ironed out.

Then I will focus my efforts towards an ERC-20 adapter which is what everybody is waiting for.

So it is unlikely that I will be able to look at other coins or other features this year.

This is why I am only responding to defects and other issues with the existing products, as they arise.

with regards,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.