I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Cryptocurrency blockchain confirmations

dashed-slug.net Forums CoinPayments.net Wallet Adapter extension support Cryptocurrency blockchain confirmations

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It seems coinpayments notifies the wallet when there is one confirmation in the blockchain. Is there a way to hold one or two more confirmations before making the balance available to the user? Thanks.

PS: It´s amazing all the effort you put into this whole system! Congrats!

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words.

The CoinPayments platform has a fixed number of confirmations that it looks for in each blockchain. These are listed here: https://www.coinpayments.net/supported-coins

Once that number is reached for an incoming transaction (i.e. deposit), then the platform informs the plugin that the deposit is confirmed, via an IPN of status 100. So the plugin does not actually use the exact number of confirmations, but only whether an incoming transaction is considered confirmed by the platform, or not. If the plugin were to use a different threshold than the platform, then you could run into a situation where a deposit is considered confirmed on the CoinPayments wallet but not on your plugin, or vica versa. This is generally not desirable.

But more importantly, if you believe that the amount of confirmations that CoinPayments looks for in a coin is not safe, you should contact them. The values they use look sane to me for the coins that I am familiar with, but I could be wrong.

with regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.