I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Continuing on the cron job implementation proposal, I think it would be a great thing adding automatic disbursals for the cryptogatway as it does for strpe and papal. This way, it will be automatic moves to vendors wallts for their disbursals for Unpaid commissons.

As mentioned, going to backnd settings, you will find Paymnt->Disbursement Schedule->If checked, automatically vendors commission will disburse. This option enables a cron with the hook masspay_cron_startt and action wmp_cron_job->do_mass_payment().

Please Alex, could you have a look? It would be a great add.

Thanks as usual

Best regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

I hope you are doing well.

It has been 2 months from the date I wrote you about this topic automatic disbrals, and I am wondering if you had the time to check for the adaptation.

Thanks as usual,

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, I have looked at this. Unfortunately I cannot justify spending any more time on this issue.

I have since updated the website description to make it clearer that admins need to manually confirm commissions before they are paid out.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your reply.

It is possible at least to give some gidelines on how to adapt the automatic move to vendrs to the already existing cron hook from wmpc?

It would be much appreciated your help on this issue, I think you know that automation it is something standard nowadays.

Thanks Alex,

Regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

My apologies, I should have provided a longer explanation for why I am not doing this.

The WCMp code is very complex (and somewhat buggy), and it is not built with an API that will let you extend it towards other payment gateways, as WooCommerce is. The documentation is aimed at end-users, not developers. I had to do a significant amount of reverse-engineering to get it to work as it is.

As you correctly pointed out, withdrawals were not being recorded when they were being applied automatically. When commissions are approved manually by an admin, the withdrawals are being recorded. This is not something that I want to debug any further.

I am not comfortable selling and providing support for code that I cannot trust. This is not how professional software engineers work. The products I sell cannot be based on knowledge acquired through reverse-engineering, because then they are not reliable. I was wrong to attempt this.

My initial reaction to all of this was to consider decommissioning the WCMp gateway altogether. However, the gateway currently does work when the admin is manually confirming commissions, so I have decided against removing WCMp support at this time. I have instead added a warning that users should disable automatic disbursal.

You are asking me for guidelines on how to do this yourself. If I had done the analysis required to know this, then I would also be able to implement it myself. 90% of the time goes to analysis and testing, not to implementation. Coding is the easy part.

If it turns out that I have to do any more ugly hacks to support the plugin, this will be an endless mess that will never end, and I will not be able to focus on any of my other work, for a plugin that is essentially not interesting to many users. In that case, I will have to remove WCMp support altogether.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

I understand, no need to explain how engnineers works.

My point is that in order to use the main wallt extensions, interesting and popular applications are necessary. Nowadays a Marktplace is a very used business model and almost mandatory in many cases. Pointing to wmpc, the extension is extremely popular and introduces many changes and unique features since version 3.4.0, and in my opinion is a market winner.

If there is no adaptation to other applications, the possibilities and usability of your extension would be very limited (my opinion) in terms of competitive advantage with wallts out there.

It would be a bad surprise if you decide to not support the current plugin, many effort in testing and searching was made. The current version works properly, and the only thing I asked it was if it is possible to make paymnts automatic, but it is clear now.

Please have a consideration about it.

Thanks

Best regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.