I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Could not contact server. Status: error Error:

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Could not contact server. Status: error Error:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    vorticism
    Participant

I’m testing version 3.0.0.
    At the frontend, I get a message saying “Could not contact server. Status: error Error:”.
    Shortcodes are displayed normally, but error messages are frequently displayed throughout the site frontend.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reporting. Could it be that you have not refreshed your page? Version 2 of the JSON API requires the new JavaScript.

Also, as a test, does the problem persist when you enable “legacy APIs” in your frontend settings?

let me know please

Thanks.

alexg
    Keymaster

Note: Others have reported this same issue at https://wordpress.org/support/topic/could-not-contact-server/

alexg
    Keymaster

Another thought, in addition to the ones above:

Can you please try again with Wordfence disabled? It could be that the plugin’s rules are blocking the new JSON API.

alexg
    Keymaster

Update: Can you please check to see if the problem is resolved in version 3.0.1? Thank you.

vorticism
    Participant

Good, no more error messages are displayed.
    With this update, I feel the user experience on the frontend is much more pleasant!

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you for testing, I am glad it worked. A lot of work has gone into performance improvements.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Now it works perfect. Thank you very much.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello guys, i have the same problem using version 3.4.2 wordpress 4.9.6

Tried everything to figure out what server its trying to contact. There is no firewall, no wordfence

error displayed on wp-login.php page only.

Tried with rates disabled, and with all the options one by one and the same error. Also tried with legacy API option and using BTC only, altcoin and same error.

Any idea what i can try ?

Thankss

Anonymous
    Inactive

Update, tried with firefox, chrome, safari, internet explorer, different desktops and same error.

Error displayed 2 times, i have to click 2 time to go ahead. XHR:

wp-login.php?__wallets_apiversion=2&__wallets_action=get_nonces&_=1528848655114

wp-login.php?__wallets_apiversion=2&__wallets_action=get_coins_info

If i stay on the same screen without interaction after the error, it keeps showing the error again and again

alexg
    Keymaster

@digimoney

Hello,

1. Can you tell me what type of wallet you are trying to connect to? Which adapter are you using?

2. You listed two JSON API URIs. Do these return an error HTTP status code? If they are just listed in your console but there is no error, then this is normal.

Let me know please

thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

I’ve tried with BTC only, with DGM, and DOGE. Wallets are located on the same server full node running.

The SHR was only for information, because ive read on other posts you asked to send, they don’t return error only information

In fact this error dont have any impact on the wallets, they work fine, withdrawal, deposit, internal user transfer, balance, etc. I was trying to figure out how to fix or disable this error because the final user might complain.

alexg
    Keymaster

OK you say that the wallets work fine. That’s great.

Sorry but I believe I misunderstood your issue.

Can you please describe the following?

• Where exactly does this error show?
    • After what action or in what condition does it show?
    • If possible, can you show me a screenshot?

Thank you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex thanks for the help,

The problem seems to be on the theme that i’m using, with other themes i dont see the error. I will reinstall everything from scratch including wordpress and if i get the same error i send you the details.

Thank you very much.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hi,

It sounds like reinstalling will not help you, although I’m not 100% sure.

As you say, this is most probably an incompatibility with the theme.

Keep me informed.

P.S. Can I ask that you please open a new thread for this issue? It is unrelated to the original discussion. This is for the benefit of us and of people who read this forum later. Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.