I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Coin Exchange Rates Error

dashed-slug.net Forums Exchange extension support Coin Exchange Rates Error

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

Recently I added a coin via the full node coin adapater & everything works great except for the weirdly high USD exchange rates.

Attached is the picture for your reference.

FYI, the exchange’s latest trade price for this coin was 0.00000300 BTC per coin.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for noticing this error and for reporting it.

This bug was introduced in one of the latest versions of the parent plugin, and it has to do with how the fixer.io exchange rates are stored. It is not a bug of the exchange extension.

It will be fixed in the next release of Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets.

Thanks again for your help and apologies for the inconvenience!

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

In version 4.0.6 I have fixed a bug related to fixer.io exchange rates that I believe was causing your issue. After upgrading, please wait for up to one hour until the exchange rates from fixer.io refresh. (Or, if you have wp-cli installed, you can trigger an instant refresh with wp transient delete wallets_rates_last_run).

If the issue remains after that, please let me know which exchange rate providers you have enabled, and I will look at this again.

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

The exchange rate for the coin is still the same.

On the ‘exchanges rates’ page, I have searched for the coin on ‘exchanges rates’ table.

It only shows MYCOIN_BTC=> 0.00000300, as opposed to other coins having OTHERCOIN_BTC and BTC_OTHERCOIN.

alexg
    Keymaster

By the way, MYCOIN is not available on coingecko or any other exchange rates API platform. Could that be the reason why?

alexg
    Keymaster

Yes, if your coin is not on any on of the exchange rates providers, then that would be part of the reason.

Have you set up any market on the exchange with your coin against BTC? If so, then this is where the prices are drawn from. You can control this behavior at Wallets -> Exchange -> Markets -> Use Exchange rate. This is a new feature introduced in 0.6.2-beta.

alexg
    Keymaster

UPDATE: I have discovered the bug that causes your issue. I will release a patch to the exchange extension today, to address this. Will keep you updated. My apologies for the trouble.

alexg
    Keymaster

This bug has been adressed in version 0.6.3-beta. The correct exchange rate values for your token will be now entered into the DB from your BTC_MYCOIN market, the next time the exchange rates refresh in your system.

with regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.