I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Coin current rate

dashed-slug.net Forums Exchange extension support Coin current rate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

Is it possible to mention editable current rate of coin for buying and selling instead of 0

Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

Hi San,

To be clear, do you mean that the default rate in the buy and sell boxes should be the current market rate?

Yes, this makes sense and can be done.

Thanks for the suggestion

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

Yes sir, don’t you think that makes sense?

Instead of typing say 0.00000100 btc for DOGE as buying or selling rate there should be pre-mentioned current rate say buy rate 0.00000040 btc and selling 0.00000038 btc. and maker and taker fee on the buying or selling amount, i.e. if buying/selling 100k doge

alexg
    Keymaster

This is now implemented in 0.1.2-beta. Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex i don’t see any change. Do i have to do anything else other than updating plugin?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

There is an error

ReferenceError: Unable to process binding “value: function (){return exchangeRate }”
    Message: Can’t find variable: exchangeRate on file knockout-latest.min.js

Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello San,

Both of the problems you report are because your browser is using a cached version of the frontend JavaScript code, despite the anti-caching measures built into WordPress. I have a fix for this, and will roll it out on the next release.

Thank you for reporting.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

No worries, i will try to delete cache and refresh pages to see changes.

Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

San,

Looking at this again, I have already done all that is necessary for browser caching to be circumvented.

The plugin should be pulling the minified version of the code that includes a version tag in the filename. i.e.:

wallets-exchange-0.1.2-beta.min.js

What you report indicates that your plugin does not find this file, and falls back to:

wallets-exchange.js

Can you please confirm? Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

Apologies for confusion about error message. Actually i manually copied and pasted codes in exchange page instead of short codes, so it seems to be fine when i use default short code to display exchange.

But still i can’t see it’s displaying current rate when i type in 1 LTC to buy. Am i doing something wrong?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have checked to enable Fixer, Coinmarketcap, Cryptocompare and poloniex for market rates.

alexg
    Keymaster

Yes that makes sense, simply copying and pasting code from the plugin into your page will not work.

You will only see exchange rates when they are loaded. This is why the debug windows are provided. So you know if the exchange rate was loaded or not. The exchange rates might not be loaded immediately after selecting rates providers. They will be loaded on the next run as determined by the time interval you have set.

You must also make sure that you have selected a currency to display. See the documentation under “Exchange Rates” for more.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

Somehow auto current rate is not working. Can you help please.

I am expecting something like in Poloniex for buying and selling input fields.

Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

San,

There are two different concepts here:

1. The “exchange rates” admin section loads exchange rates from other exchanges and services. This is for the purposes of displaying amounts in different currencies.

2. The “Exchange extension” is a plugin extension to allow your users to perform trading on your site, and is totally unrelated.

In the Exchange extension, when you click on an amount or exchange rate in your orderbook, order history or market history, these values get transferred to either your buy or sell input form. When a market is loaded, the default buy and sell rates are set to market values, but only if there is an orderbook. Could it be that you are testing with an empty orderbook?

Can you please describe exactly what you did and what happened?

Thanks

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

Yes rates do get updated automatically. sorry for confusion.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.