I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

CLAMS instead of CLAM – database

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion CLAMS instead of CLAM – database

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

I have done a blunder, i misspelt CLAMS instead of CLAM when copied litecoin adaptor. Issues are of course

1. Transactions database it’s CLAMS
    2. User Addresses are CLAMS
    3. Base rate was not getting updated, which i reported earlier (it was me who did the blunder, now it’s evident)

At localhost
    I deactivated wallet and …

a. Removed table txs
    b. Manually changed CLAMS to CLAM for wallet address.

Question is at localhost just have one user, so it worked fine and i saw database picked all transaction. But, BUT on production server I have few users and they have balances. Will the same approach help? If i delete txs table and manually change the spelling.

Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I would not recommend that you delete the transactions table because this will delete the user transactions. The transactions might be picked up again or they may not, depending on how many there are. Instead I would recommend that you do the following:

1. Keep a backup of your live database. You can use mysqldump of phpmyadmin to do this, or any other method that you are familiar with as long as you are certain that you can restore the backup in case something goes wrong.

2. Deactivate the wallets plugin to make sure that people are not using it.

3. Make sure that your coin adapter has “CLAM” everywhere where it’s needed instead of “CLAMS”. Install the new adapter.

4. Assuming the DB table prefix is wp_ do the following in your SQL console:

UPDATE wp_wallets_txs SET symbol=’CLAM’ WHERE symbol=’CLAMS’;
    UPDATE wp_wallets_adds SET symbol=’CLAM’ WHERE symbol=’CLAMS’;

5. Enable the wallets plugin again.

I cannot think of any reason why this should not work. But still keep a backup of your live database before you do this.

let me know how it goes

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Many thanks to you, once i get it sorted will update you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Database updated. It works absolutely fine. Thanks Alex

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.