I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Change wallet address from Admin

dashed-slug.net Forums Monero Wallet Adapter extension support Change wallet address from Admin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

HI,

I created a website for customer who doesn’t have any experience with IT and system. During install XMR full-node adapter, I followed the instruction to create a wallet on server before enable RPC.
    How did he change the wallet address without touch to the system? Cause of it’s an eCommerce website and customer buy item then pay out through XMR.

Please support.

alexg
    Keymaster

The deposit addresses can be refreshed by the user, via the button in the [wallets_deposit] shortcode, or via the Coin Adapters admin screen. This is normal. Old deposit addresses are retained, so that any deposits to them are still credited to the correct user.

However, this has nothing to do with eCommerce. If you’re using the WooCommerce payment gateway, note that the customer does not send payment for a cart to an address. Instead, the customer first deposits currencies to their own wallet, via their own deposit address, and then when the cart is being paid, the amount is transferred from the user’s wallet to that of the designated admin. This is explained in the WooCommerce payment gateway extension’s homepage.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alexg,

Very clear and great information. I still have a misunderstanding about this function.

Our model is :

Vendor: post item to our shop for sell
    Customer: buy and purchase for the item
    Payment method: Monero/BTC.

I’ve installed full node for all payment method. But during installation, it required a wallet for enable RPC.

When hand-over shop to the owner, how did they edit the default address of wallet receiver?

Their model is :

customer >> made payment >> site owner wallet >> after 2 weeks will send to Vendor’s wallet.

Please help to advise the correct configuration, I’ve checked in wallets_deposit but don’t see too much information. All it show is administrator’s wallet and can’t modify.

alexg
    Keymaster

Are you referring to WC Marketplace?

First of all, you should disable automatic disbursement, as instructed in the admin screens by the plugin. The payment gateway requires that the admin pays commissions manually.

The payment gateway has nothing to do with deposit addresses. Payments are done internally.

Your client was able to change their deposit address using one of the two ways I described above.

However this is not related to the Marketplace. The [wallets_deposit] UI and these deposit addresses are for users who wish to deposit funds to their account. When a user checks out a cart, they can only pay with funds that they have already deposited. These funds are transferred to the admin account that you specify in the WooCommerce gateway admin settings.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alexg,

Thank you. I got it now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.