I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Crypto buying using credit cards

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Crypto buying using credit cards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

If possible, I would like to know if you have any plans to integrate Crypto buying using credit cards. Actually it is not easy the user acquisition process because almost of people uses cards.

If not, I have been thinking in interations similar to shapeshift, so we can have the feature using a third party function. I have been looking for companies that offers buyins cryptos usingcrd without any registration. I found this one, which seems verry appropiate, Bitnovo. Apart from this feature, they offeer almost the things I asked before, like vouchers or cards.

Please Alex could you have a look? I can ask them if they provide some API to integrate the form.

Thanks as usual

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

This has been discussed several times, and I am somewhat uncertain about providing this functionality, at least in the form of a coin adapter. If possible, I would like to have a 1 to many relation between fiat coins and methods of payment. I realize that many people want this, and it will have to be done.

I plan to devote the immediate future towards writing more how-tos about the products, and there will be an article on how to insert/edit/delete transactions in the DB. This will be all that’s needed for others to implement various deposit methods. After this is done, I might give it a go myself, but others can do so too, because the fiat payment methods/gateways are simply too many.

I will check out bitnovo, thank you. But the issue here is not to find a credit card processor, there are numerous out there. It’s just that this has to be done right, so that no payment methods are precluded by the design.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Alex for the clarification.

I understand, and that is why for the short term I asked for integrating this feature using a third part service like the cloud adapters. It is not easy to find card processors that accepts crytposs for buying,i.e. if you check for example Strpe terms, it is not allowed. In case you resealse some solution for this, it will be good to know card processors for this service.

Thank you

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Yes, precisely.

There are good reasons why this is not allowed. It is not a good idea to pay for crypto with a credit card, for all the reasons discussed before. I might still do it at some point, or at least help others do it, simply because the demand is so high, but I don’t think the people who ask for this realize what they are asking. I think the people who now want a way to sell crypto for CC payments, would change their mind if they actually tried to run such a business in practice. Again, this is not high in my priorities.

A much better approach would be for me to document the plugin’s transaction API, so that others can create plugins that deposit funds via various methods. This is something that I plan to do hopefully within this month. The article will be in the new how-to section.

with regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.