I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

btcpay server

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, now that the compliant people have introduced KYC the coinpayments thing stopped working. So I have installed btcpay server on a raspberry pi, it’s all working, and it includes a full node. Does anyone have any experience with using this along with this plug-in? It’s a full node so I should be able to do it following the full node instructions, but btcpay has a lot of tools built-in so I was thinking maybe there is a way to do it using btcpay itsel?
    Thanks
    andy

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately I have no experience with BTCPay server.

From a quick look at the docs, it does not seem that the API it exposes is the standard RPC API, instead it is a different API altogether: https://docs.btcpayserver.org/integrations/customintegration

So it seems unlikely that you will be able to connect with the available coin adapters. (Although I’m not 100% sure, I could be missing something here.)

Moreover, it would not be easy to develop a new coin adapter for it, because in this model, the client application (WordPress in this case) should be holding the private keys, not the BTCPay server. It might still be doable, I guess the coin adapter itself can hold the keys, but it’s a very different architecture from what we had before.

The good news is that since you already have the pi, if you have enough storage on it, you could simply install a (pruned) bitcoin core node on it, and this will definitely work with the built-in Bitcoin core coin adapter. Just remember to refresh the user deposit addresses after you connect to your new wallet.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

P.S. Were you unable to complete KYC verification? If you can get verified, then CoinPayments should still work. If for some reason you cannot get verified, then I guess it’s time to switch to a full node!

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, yes it is a full node so I should be able to access it in the normal way. It’s just a part of the btcpay server installation. At least I think so, I checked with btcpay devs, if “full-node reliant wallet” means what I think it means!
    I’ll go ahead and give it a try.

I guess I could do the KYC
    https://bittubers.com/post/a94c1b47-08c2-47ad-91de-56a3616ed7b6

Thanks
    Andy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.