I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Blocks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex,

A question? It would be possible to timestamp or register (as admin option) the transactions on some blckchain network (btc?)?

Thank you

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am not sure what you mean. Are you referring to internal transfers? These are by nature off-chain. Withdrawals are already on blockchain.

Can you describe more fully what you would like to accomplish with this?

thank you

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, that’s what I refer to.

Yes, they are off-chain, but if they can be block writable it could give more register transparency to transactions. That’s why I am asking for a simplest way and zero-cost to have this option in somehow.

Thanks to you

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you. The problem I have with this is that looks to me as bad design. Either you want immutable transactions, in which case, use a blockchain, or you want the administrator to have control, and therefore you can do off-chain internal transactions.

For example, the plugin already gives you the ability to cancel a transaction. What happens if you have already recorded its hash somewhere? Does the hash prove something? It should not. Also, nobody is stopping you from editing a transaction via MySQL.

Internal DB transactions do not offer the same guarantees that a blockchain does. If you were to do what you suggest, you would be making promises you can’t keep. In other words, you might give the impression that these transactions are immutable and censorship resistant, when in fact they are neither of these things.

I believe this is why nobody else is doing this. What do you think?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the opinion, you are correct about the design concept. I agree with you.

Best regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.