August 27, 2018 at 5:15 pm #4178
Please the bitcoin wallet address changes anytime the page reloads and makes the user wallet to change to a different one, I think it supposed to have fixed wallet address for each users, not changing address randomly anytime a page is reloaded.
Will funds sent to previous wallet address still show in the user balance even if a new address has been generated.
Please i need a static user wallet address, am using coinpayments adopter.August 27, 2018 at 5:42 pm #4179alexgKeymaster
Normally addresses are not refreshed on every reload, but stored in the DB and reused (table:
wp_wallets_adds). You can then manually ask to refresh addresses. So you could check the table to see if addresses are being saved in it. This table normally holds an association of user_ids and coins to deposit addresses.
If addresses refresh on every reload, this could indicate that they are not saved on that table, due to some DB problem. The table requires some non-standard features (latin1 encoding). This could be damaged, for example, if you have exported the table from another machine and imported the SQL manually into your current installation. (see also the discussion here).
Could you please show me the result of
DESCRIBE wp_wallets_addson your MySQL console (replacing
wp_with your default DB prefix if needed)?
Additionally, there could be some related error in your mysql
error.logfile. This would indicate that addresses are not inserted. If you could spot such an error it would be very helpful for determining the root cause of the problem.
with regardsAugust 28, 2018 at 12:31 am #4182
I changed the wp_wallet_adds collation status field from latin1 encoding to ut8_bin_general and everything looks fine because I refreshed the page several times and the wallet address remains unchanged, I think I have fixed it, but I want to ask if there will be any implications for what i just did? The problem is solved but will it affects anything else?
2. I saw lists of wallets address on my db, should I now drop them or delete them since I am the only one on my site now so I don’t know why those addresses are there for.
3. Some functions such as id, account and many others in the wp_wallet_adds row has latin1 encoding except the status i changed to ut8_bin_general should I change them too to ut8_bin_general or just leave them?
4. The status function or row on the wp_wallet_adds says address used for deposit show old and current, should I set it to show current only?August 28, 2018 at 7:28 am #4183alexgKeymaster
Glad that this fixed it. I will have to see if somehow this fix can be incorporated in a future patch.
1. I cannot see how this fix would negatively affect anything else.
2. The plugin maintains for each user and coin one “current” address that is displayed, and a number of “old” addresses that are retained so that if a user attempts to send funds to an old address, the funds can still get credited to that user. If you have no need for these addresses then you can delete them. Clicking on “Renew deposit addresses” under a coin in the adapters list marks all deposit addresses for that coin as “old”, and the plugin will next produce new “current” addresses. This is a way to make sure that the displayed deposit addresses are renewed.
3. I would recommend that you do not do any more changes.
4. No. See #2 above.August 28, 2018 at 12:17 pm #4199
Thank you very much.
I will not change anything else,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.