I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

bitcoin core integration

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion bitcoin core integration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vorticism
    Participant

I do not know how to set ‘path’ and ‘wallet passphrase’ when setting bitcoin core.
    Is this value required?
    What is the value of ‘path’? Is it like url?

I want to run a bitcoin core on a remote server rather than a local one.
    I tried this integration with the plugin, but it has not succeeded yet.
    Are there any reasons to fail in general?

* Bitcoin data sink is complete, I set the conf file according to the instructions of the plugin.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

The path is normally not needed. It would only be relevant in very special circumstances if the API has been mapped to a URL path. You should leave it empty.

The wallet passphrase should match whatever you have set as your walletpassphrase when you encrypted your wallet. You only need to set this if you want to enable withdrawals, and only if you have encrypted your wallet (you should).

To connect to a remote wallet, you first need to make sure that your firewalls are configured correctly on both ends. If they are not, you will get connection timeouts which will slow down your site.

You must also do ssh tunneling (see https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Enabling_SSL_on_original_client_daemon) to make sure that communication is secured. It has been requested of me to add instruction on how to do this but I have not had the time to attempt it myself. So I cannot provide instructions. This is a question better suited to the Bitcoin core wallet developers.

You might also want to look at ways to maintain an SSL tunnel open. This is more of a sysadmin question, so have a look here: https://superuser.com/questions/37738/how-to-reliably-keep-an-ssh-tunnel-open

Eventually I do hope to be able to provide more assistance on this. I will provide some instructions in the manual when time permits.

I do hope that I have at least pointed you in the right direction. Do let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards

vorticism
    Participant

Thank you~
    I’ll try.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.