I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Bank account of the site administrator

dashed-slug.net Forums Fiat Coin Adapter extension support Bank account of the site administrator

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nicholasfush
    Participant

Hello.
    Why in this plugin there is no possibility to assign the main bank account to the bank account of the site administrator, as for example in plugin CoinPayments.net Coin Adapter extension?

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello Nicholas,

I am not sure what you mean.

In this plugin every user has an account, and each account can hold balances, for each of the enabled coins.

The CoinPayments Adapter extension merely facilitates communication with the third-party wallets (i.e. notifies the plugin about deposits and withdrawals). Coin adapters have nothing to do with accounts.

Could you please try to rephrase your question, because I believe that I did not understand what your query is. What are you trying to achieve?

thank you

with regards

nicholasfush
    Participant

In plugin CoinPayments.net Coin Adapter the site administrator is the owner of an account in CoinPayments.net.
    In plugin Fiat Coin Adapter extension the same? Or does the site administrator not have access to the main bank account?

alexg
    Keymaster

Actually, the CoinPayments wallets are used to back the wallets of all the users, not just the administrator. All the user funds are placed in one wallet. The plugin retains information on who owns what so it can display user balances and allow withdrawals. There is a 1-to-N relation between actual wallets and users. This is the case with all coin adapters. Coin adapters allow the plugin and its app extensions to communicate in a uniform way with any backend wallets.

With the Fiat Coin Adapter, there is no wallet, hence no wallet API to communicate with. The administrator is responsible to actually carry out bank deposits and withdrawals, and to record these changes to the plugin, with the help of the provided tools. When a user requests a withdrawal, the administrator must actually carry it out and mark it as done in the plugin. Similarly, when a user performs a deposit, the administrator is responsible to check that the deposit was performed to the site’s bank account, and then to mark the user’s deposit as done.

Hope this is a bit clearer. If you like to learn more about the plugin you can have a look at the glossary section of the plugin’s documentation where all the concepts are explained.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

with regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.