I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Balances

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex,

I could be possible to show up for users in their balances (list template) only the available cryptos the deposited or bought/exchanged? if so, as option that admin could turn ON/OFF would be possible?

Thank you Alex

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. If you don’t mind me asking, how would that be useful to the user? The user cares about the total balance, and about the available balance (balance that they can use right now).

You can use the static transactions list to only show transactions filtered by category (deposit, withdraw, move, trade). But this does not currently work with balances, only with transaction lists.

Please help me understand the use case, and I will look more into what’s the best way to implement it. It would require changes throughout all layers of the plugin; shortcodes/widgets, JSON API, PHP API and DB queries, so it’s a lot of work and requires some planning.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmmm I understand, yes you are right about the static transaction list.

For balances, imagine having many coins enabled plus custom ones, I want to improove users exprience by giving him a singe view of all his available balances. But if it requires too much work and changing everything you can judge better if it compensates or not.

Being more specific, I want to create many custom pseudo coins or pints tradble in the exchge. It could be possible to implementa a general filter in order to organize in the balance list the available balances first? MAybe a search box similar to the exchng’s oone?

I does not want to complicate things, just improve processes and experience, because everything is working fine currently.

Thank you Alex

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for the explanation. I still did not understand why a user should be able to view the part of their balance that comes from one type of transactions only. The user can already see all of their balances, including any custom coin balances.

One thing I can do, would be to provide a static template where the coins are specified via a shortcode attribute. For example, something like:

[wallets_balance template="list-static" symbols="BTC,LTC,DOGE"]

The balances would then be listed similarly to [wallets_balance template="list"] but it would show only balances for the coins you chose, in the order you chose them. Do you think this would meet your requirements? It would be relatively straightforward to implement.

Let me know please.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

I appreciate your sugestion. About the template=”list”, that is what I want but in a more automatic way and not a selection made by admin, but displaying only the coins with available user’s balance. If it would be complicated, a search bar like in the exchange would be possible for this template?

Yes, the example you provide [wallets_balance template=”list-static” symbols=”BTC,LTC,DOGE”] could be a solution for the custom coins/points, it sounds like a good fit. Just a question, in this case, the list would have also a refreshing feature (for now I dont use static templates, so I dont know)?

Thank you Alex

alexg
    Keymaster

OK thanks, now I understand.

Static templates are static and are only rendered on the server side once, but:

It is possible to add a checkbox to [wallets_balance template="list"] so that the end user can toggle between seeing all balances, or only those that are not zero. This is customary in most exchanges and I will be able to include this in the next release.

Thank you again! I will notify you here when this is done.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Alex. Yes, the toggle can make the job on the list tempplate.

Also the static template would work, specuially for a page where it can be included only certain coins list.

In this case, I am thinking adding a url button next to each coin in order to open a new page containing specific info about that coin and content. How can I add this? maybe it would be better on the exchng table on each row, what do you think? (maybe it is another topic)

Thank you Alex

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I have already implemented a checkbox for “Show zero balances” and it will be available on the next release.

About your other query, regarding UI buttons, there are several ways to do this, but it’s not something that can just be added to the plugin because it’s way too specific a requirement. I’m thinking maybe some frontend JavaScript could do it, on the wallets_ready event. Another solution would be a new static PHP template that is specific to your requirement. Please open a new thread about this if you can and let me know which approach you prefer.

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

The “Show zero balances” checkbox is out with patch version 4.3.2.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

Thank you very much for the patch. As I could test, it’s just perfect.

Excellent

Best regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.