I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

adding custom token

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brutusinu
    Participant

Please i am having difficulty in add a custom token to the fiat currency adapter. i always get an error message when i try to add a custom token saying ” please match the requested format”. please help.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

What string did you enter in the input box?

The accepted pattern is ^\s*[a-zA-Z_][a-zA-Z0-9_]*\s*,\s*[a-zA-Z]+(\s*,\s*[a-zA-Z_][a-zA-Z0-9_]*\s*,\s*[a-zA-Z]+\s*)*$. You can test your string against this pattern at: https://www.regextester.com/

This means that you are allowed to enter a name, followed by a comma and a ticker symbol, followed by more names and ticker symbols.

A name can have letters numbers and the underscore symbol. Same goes for the ticker.

So, if you want to introduce two coins, FooCoin and BarCoin, with tickers FOO and BAR respectively, you’d enter:

FooCoin,FOO,BarCoin,BAR

(In the upcoming wallets6 release it will be easy to create currencies via the admin editor, so this will become much easier.)

with regards

brutusinu
    Participant

Thanks for the response. Now i understand it perfectly. Are there any other coin adapter that can be used with the Bitcoin wallet plugin other than coinpayment and block.io ?

alexg
    Keymaster

Yes, the other coin adapters are for connecting to full node wallets. Don’t use the block.io adapter, the CoinPayments adapter is better in every way. I have added a warning about this on the website. You can see the complete list of existing coin adapters.

Coin adapters will soon be retired in favor of wallet adapters: Since I started the plugin it has become apparent that currencies need to be decoupled from wallets. Therefore, with the upcoming release, new wallet adapters will replace the old coin adapters. See attached image to get an idea of what I’m building.

There will be wallet adapters for CoinPayments, Bitcoin-like wallets, Monero-like wallets, and TurtleCoin-like wallets. The fiat coin adapter will be merged into the parent plugin.

The code and documentation will be a lot better, so hopefully independent developers will choose to build wallet adapters for other types of wallets. I, for one, will focus my efforts on Ethereum and ERC-20, which should then be easily translatable to BSC chain and friends. The difficulty (and the reason I’m not currently using the Infura API as many have suggested) is that funds must be collected in one wallet, to allow for off-chain transactions.

Other plugins have connectivity with remote custodial services, or with non-custodial wallets. I plan to expand this plugin towards admins who are interested in a custodial solution, backed with their own full node wallet. But the CoinPayments platform will continue to be supported, as it has been a success and many people use it.

In wallets6 you will be able to define custom tokens via the WordPress admin screens, just like any other currency. Custom tokens will simply be currencies that are not connected to a wallet (i.e. no wallet adapter).

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have more questions about adapters. But please open a new thread if your new questions are not related to your original question about creating custom tokens.

with regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.