I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

adapting to multichain

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion adapting to multichain

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Friends,

not wanting to waste your time unduely. However, some hints for my project would be appreciated.

Running a WordPress site multicolorum.com in German for personal asset trading with a currency called Colorum (CUM).

It is a running development.

Using the Wallets plugin locally (root user) and some multichain blockchains for example colorum.

“version” : “1.0.4”,
    “nodeversion” : 10004901,
    “protocolversion” : 10010,
    “chainname” : “colorum”,
    “description” : “MultiChain colorum”,
    “protocol” : “multichain”,
    “port” : 6277,
    “setupblocks” : 60,
    “nodeaddress” : “colorum@89.22.110.4:6277”,
    “burnaddress” : “1XXXXXXWsNXXXXXXV7XXXXXXfkXXXXXXVAZDde”,
    “incomingpaused” : false,
    “miningpaused” : false,
    “walletversion” : 60000,
    “balance” : 0.00000000,
    “walletdbversion” : 2,
    “reindex” : false,
    “blocks” : 95,
    “timeoffset” : 0,
    “connections” : 0,
    “proxy” : “”,
    “difficulty” : 0.00000006,
    “testnet” : false,
    “keypoololdest” : 1523410509,
    “keypoolsize” : 2,
    “paytxfee” : 0.00000000,
    “relayfee” : 0.00000000,
    “errors” : “”

*********************************************************************************************

At least the plugin adapers can connect to colorum locally, but I would like to change them (including logo) to work only with my local blockchain. BTC and altcoinwallets are too big to host at the site (50GIG).Would appreciate if you can tell me which of the main PHP scrips needs attention.

Basically users should be able to only interact with the colorum blockchain (wallets staying web-based).
    How to issue an initial amount to users wallets?

In case you want to have a deeper look, I have no problem to give you access.

****************************************************************************************

Worpress settings

Plugin version 3.0.3
    Git SHA cbac594
    Web Server Apache
    PHP version 7.0.28-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
    WordPress version 4.9.5
    MySQL version 5.7.21-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
    DB prefix wp_
    Is multisite false
    Is network activated false
    PHP max execution time 30
    Constant ‘WP_DEBUG’ false
    Constant ‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’ false
    Constant ‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’ true
    Constant ‘DISABLE_WP_CRON’ n/a
    Constant ‘DSWALLETS_FILE’ /var/www/vhosts/mundicolorum.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/wallets/wallets.php
    PHP Extension ‘curl’ Loaded
    PHP Extension ‘mbstring’ Loaded
    PHP Extension ‘zlib’ Loaded
    Active wallets extensions wallets-multiadapter
    Network-active wallets extensions n/a

Thanks

Klaus

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello Klaus,

As long as you can provide a coin adapter for your coin’s wallet, you should not have any problem to only offer a wallet for that coin to your users. You will have to disable the built-in Bitcoin core node adapter (uncheck the “Enabled” option in the adapter settings).

If your coin is a direct fork of Bitcoin then you can connect to a running instance of your wallet using the Multi-adapter extension. Please refer to the documentation section “Coin Adapter development” for instructions.

If your wallet is different then you will need to implement parts of the coin adapter by extending the abstract class Dashed_Slug_Wallets_Coin_Adapter. Inspect the file wp-content/plugins/wallets/includes/coin-adapter.php and pay special attention to the methods under “// Wallet API”. You should create a class that extends these methods to connect to your wallet and to provide information about your coin. There instructions are in the PHPdoc comments and I remain available to answer any questions you may have.

To issue an initial amount to your users perhaps it’s best if you let the users create wallets, then, when everything is set up correctly, simply send a transaction to all the user deposit addresses.

Hope this is helpful. Do let me know if you have more questions or if any of this was not clear.

kind regards
    Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Alex,
    your quick and further leading answer is much appreciatd. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks
    KLaus

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.