I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Reply To: Mimble Wimble

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Mimble Wimble Reply To: Mimble Wimble

alexg
Keymaster

Hello,

I’ve done some preliminary analysis on grin and I thought I’d update you.

I am not sure if they are a good fit for the plugin as it is right now.

The host:ip destination format can be easily mapped to “addresses”. This is what KuCoin and Bittrex do. In fact KuCoin does a POST request to pass the TX data, while Bittrex uses the file method. Interesting. KuCoin uses a url fragment to uniquely identify the user that does a deposit. Bittrex accepts a file upload.

Unfortunately, completing a transaction (deposit or withdrawal) involves an extra step that I never accounted for when creating the core plugin. The recipient must return a file to the sender to complete the transaction. This complicates things by a lot.

For now I will focus on creating a coin adapter for TurtleCoin and its clones, as this was also a user request. I will have to rethink how the main plugin can be refactored to allow for mimble wimble coins. I’m letting you know because it might take some time before I can provide a solution for mimble wimble. It will definitely require changes to the core plugin.

with regards