I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Reply To: Permissions problem?

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Permissions problem? Reply To: Permissions problem?

alexg
Keymaster

I have determined that, on my home computer, there is no problem with installing “Members” and “Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets” at the same time. However:

It seems that on your site, the plugin “Members” cannot be activated unless you first deactivate “WPFront User Role Editor”Both of these two plugins try to declare a function with the same name, members_get_capabilities(). “Members”, if installed first, does not check if the function is declared. The error message is:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare members_get_capabilities() (previously declared in /home/satoshihost/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpfront-user-role-editor/classes/class-wpfront-user-role-editor.php:211) in /home/satoshihost/public_html/wp-content/plugins/members/inc/functions-capabilities.php on line 306

This is a problem with “Members”, not with the other plugin.

As I am unable to reproduce the problem with Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets, I strongly recommend that you try again to enable WordPress debugging. It is not very hard, you simply need to edit the wp-config.php file as explained here. You need to add define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );, define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );, and define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );. There are good reasons why this cannot be a simple on/off button.

There are two ways to proceed:

1. If you can enable the log file, then there will be some error messages written out to the logs. Then I can get a better idea of what is going on.

2. If I had to guess, this particular plugin does something with capabilities that messes with the manage_wallets capability at runtime. If you are OK with using some other membership plugin then you should be OK.

kind regards